US 93

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JD Sharp

I am considering travelling US 93 from Twin Fall, Id to Las Vegas and understand it is a heavily used route for snowbirds. Please share your experience such as mountain passes, services, along the way.

Take 93 to Ely, then 6 and 318 to Ash Springs (93). This cuts off about one hour.

What kind of hills are encountered between Twin Falls and Las Vegas on 93. Are hills avoided by going down I15 via Salt Lake city instead. Any tips on what to do/not to do, and tips on where to buy gas en route.
Thanks for any feedback

There are some pretty good climbs/descents between Salt Lake City and Vegas.  5 or 6 in Utah, The Virgin River Gorge in the Arizona strip between St. George and Mesquite, and then several again in Nevada into Vegas.  The Virgin River Gorge is quite intimidating and not for the faint of heart (although if you take it very easy and concentrate on the road, not the scenery, you will be fine).  Also do the gorge in daylight, although night time is not nearly as busy, it is more difficult at night.  If you need more info on this route, let me know, before I retired I was a truck driver on that route for 20yrs. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom