Need help 2000 Southwind 36t stripped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Garymm123

I have purchased a beautiful 2000 Southwind 36T class A.  I drove it home 350 miles with no problem.  But it has been stripped and I do not know where to start. 

When plugged in to shore power the ac outlets all work however there is no 12 volt. I removed the 2  6 volt coach batteries charged them and reinstalled still no 12 volt.  I do not hear a converter humming and do not see any converter?  I do not know where it was located?  The thieves cut the wires and took the generator, the panel from top of refrigerator inside and it?s circuit board at the rear, the rear view camera and monitor, the screen door, 3 jacks and the control panel from the leveling system, the circuit board from the water heater and lastly I see no thermostats for the ac and heat.  There is a wire that looks like it went to the thermostat hanging out at the top of the refrigerator where the panel is missing?  The motor for the rear slide is missing but I can operate with a wrench.  The front slide works if I run a jumper wire direct from the truck battery.  More could be missing but I think I have listed most of it.

I would like to start by getting the 12 volt working and assume the converter was in the area under the refrig and behind the electric panel???  Is this the usual location also is there any other electric disconnect I should be looking for.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks, Gary in west texas

Wow.  Sounds like you have a job ahead of you for sure.  I'm pretty sure you are correct about the location of the converter.  That seems to be the "hot spot" for them.  As far as which one you might need, I can't help you much there, but I can maybe direct you to a place to buy parts.  PPL Motorhomes.  Don't let the name fool you.  The have a super parts store also.  And they have the expertise to help you get what you need also I think.  The sure helped me when my converter went out.  Give them a shot.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/rv-parts-rv-accessories

Thanks for the reply.  Yes I have been to PPL in Houston. Nice people and a great store.  I will be working in that electric box area.  I did not see where anything (converter) was removed however there are quite a few cut wires that might have been cut to make room to pull out a converter.  Hard to replace something that I have not seen!

I have a 2000 Bounder 36S.  Both are Fleetwood coaches in similar plans. 
My converter is located in the storage bay just to the rear of the curb side entry door.  If it was removed there would only be the loose 12v wires, 4 screw holes and a single 110v plug-in left to identify it's location.
May not help, but you might check there.

Contact Fleetwood Customer Service and see if they can provide schematic to help.  Won't show actual physical locations, but the wiring harness schematic gives strong clues.  Unfortunately, Rev Group has recently become less-than-generous about providing assistance for older models. I guess they are cost-reducing the CS staff. It only costs a phone call or email to request it, though.  Provide either the Fleetwood ID Number (FIN) or chassis VIN with the request, so they can identify the right diagrams. They have plumbing schematics as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom