lowest toilet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[quote author=Deano2002]does anyone know what the shortest rv toilet is out there? Porcelain, no plastic[/quote]
I don't, but it would be a no-go for me. I prefer a "high" toilet.

Actually this is a serious question. In my bath and a half model the macerator toilet sits on teh floor and is standard height but due to the way the plumbing is run the Gravity toilet is on a riser and at 6'2" I feel like a child sitting on it.. it is that high my feet do not reach.

So I will be following this thread as I'm re-doing the half bath/Radio room and also want a shorter throne.

I get it.  Ours is mounted on a raised floor section, like on top of a really high step.  guess the black tank extends up into that space from below.  I'm not as tall as John, but at 5-10 I too feel like a child sitting on it. I thought about building a step stool of the proper height, but that would then interfere with standing height to the sink....so we just have learned to deal with it.

Sorry don't know of anything shorter than the one they installed in mine, trying to compensate.  I'm sure it's a standard item easily found.  Dometic I think.....

Thetford makes High & Low Profile versions of most of their models. The popular foot-flush type (link below) is 12-15/16" tall at the seat, while the High is 17-1/2".

https://www.thetford.com/product/aqua-magic-v-foot-pedal-flush/

Dometic has similar Low Profile models in their 300 series, with a 13.5" height.
https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/products/hygiene-and-sanitation/sanitation/toilets/dometic-300-toilet-_-25587

As others have noted, if a Low Profile toilet sits on a raised step, it's still gonna be high.  The step (aka riser) is fairly common in RVs. It provides space for the plumbing between the toilet and the tank which is immediately underneath and often just below floor level.

Don't do what I did and put a standard height toilet in place of the short one on a riser.  Thought we wanted just a couple inches higher, but now I'm going to have to spend the money to go back to the short toilet.  Hate my feet dangling as I, uh, sit.

I think there are actually 3 sizes.  For Dometic, there is the standard 18" above the floor, tall 20" above the floor, and the stumpy for mounting on an elevated floor.

Attachments

• toilets.JPG
    toilets.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 19
blw2 said:
I get it.  Ours is mounted on a raised floor section, like on top of a really high step.  guess the black tank extends up into that space from below.  I'm not as tall as John, but at 5-10 I too feel like a child sitting on it. I thought about building a step stool of the proper height, but that would then interfere with standing height to the sink....so we just have learned to deal with it.

Sorry don't know of anything shorter than the one they installed in mine, trying to compensate.  I'm sure it's a standard item easily found.  Dometic I think.....

The one in the MH we just bought is like that too and the squat on it I knew it wouldn't cut it -I'm only 5-8!  Easy fix, we bought one of those 9" high fold up stools that stows perfectly under the sink so we can just pull it out and us it like a "squatty pottie" (yep, a real thing).

https://www.amazon.com/Squatty-Potty-Original-Bathroom-Toilet/dp/B007BISCT0

Utclmjmpr said:
  Maybe Deano is only 4 foot tall. ::)>>>Dan
haha, I'm 5'9" but, my wife is 4'11". reason is our toilet sits on a platform, should have researched this out when I remodeled our bathroom, I have the Dometic 310 which is 13" high at the top of the porcelain bowl , I saw Thetford sells on that is 12", not much difference but, maybe noticeable for my wife. The old Thetford plastic toilet was like 10" if I remember correctly

So go Tetford (I think I will)

When last I was in Ollie's bargains (Good stuff cheep) I got a square "paver' Turns out it's rubber.. Water proof.  about 18" square. Fits nicely in front of the toilet. about 3/4" thick I think that will be something I use  Designed for like a garden path paver.

I tried to pass the cheaper version off on my wife but the flush handle was missing, what do you want for 15 dollars.

Attachments

• IMG_20180606_36983.jpg
    IMG_20180606_36983.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20180606_30364.jpg
    IMG_20180606_30364.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 22
When I get the next couple of steps done in my Half Bath.. That cheaper version is going to be close to what i'll have there..  (I hope to finish the next step today and the next couple within the week, but it will be at least another month or two before I can buy new toilet, meanwhile pipes capped.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom