Glenwood Springs To Pagosa Springs. Yikes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capt.Tony

Our annual pilgrimage to Glenwood Springs this year will need to be cut short in orderto visit with Family who are visiting Pagosa Springs .  We have a 32 Ft Cougar 5er that i pull with my Silverado 3500 1 ton sinle rear wheel. So far (6 years ) I haven?t had any issues driving on I -70 thru some steep grades up and down.  Looking at the map now to check the routes available from Glenwood to Pagosa takes me up by Twin Lakes and near Leadville. I day tripped Leadaville years ago without the 5er in tow and it was quite the grade. Has anyone done it recently that could put my mind at ease.....any alternate route suggestions thata you have done.  I,m not afraid of a pull in high country, i,m just prudent in having an alternate plan. Any input is appreciated and. Thanks in advance. T

Well, don't take SR-82 through Aspen.  Extremely narrow road on the SE side of Aspen.  US-24 from I-70 through Leadville is an easier climb/descent than some of the I-70 mountains.  It will be 2 lane though and that is more intimidating than the interstate.

Wolf Creek pass on US-160 is a steeper climb/descent than the Leadville area.  Hundreds if not thousands of RV take this route every year. 

If you want a level route you need to go west to Moab, UT then south to Cortez and east to Pagosa Springs.

Yes, i see it now on the map..i,m contemplating just getting a rv site somewhere near denver and andd leaving the 5er there for a week and drive the puller to Pagosaw.. I really appreciate your respownse. ASTravelers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom