Average...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pilothawk

Looking at the KOA site descriptions, there are references to ?average? sized RVs. 

I am purchasing a 34 model Jay Flight with three slides.  Am I correct in assuming this is average?

Not sure what they mean by "Average" you will have to ask them

Average: If you put one foot in a 144 degree oven and the other in a zero degree freezer. on the average (72 degrees) you are comfortable.

Yeah, that's a pretty vague RV size description. All the KOA websites I've seen ask for your RV's length, and if you choose a site that's not long enough for your rig, it'll tell you that the site you've selected is unsuitable.

Kev

Most of the KOA now give you size description and even pics of site if you go online. I just made three different reservations through them. All had pics of site and description.

I would guess that "average" is 30-36 ft (overall length), but have no idea if that's what that KOA thinks.  Either call and ask them, or visit there to see for yourself.

Pilothawk, is this on the general/corporate KOA website or are you looking at a specific campground? I ask because I've booked many sites at different KOAs over the years and never seen sites described this way. I'm thinking maybe it's one particular campground using it to describe some of their sites (i.e. "this section of the park will fit most average sized RVs", something like that?). Each campground does use their own descriptions for sites within their park - big rig friendly, for popups and smaller RVs, etc., so perhaps that's just what you're running into. I would not let that determine what type or size of RV you buy. The vast majority of RV parks out there have at least some sites for the largest of RVs. Our current 5th wheel is 35' long and we still go to most of the same places we went with our 27' TT.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DUSM0518
Back
Top Bottom