Trip to Ocean City,MD. June 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pugapooh

Truck broke down about half an hour from home.  Off to a very bad start.  The only "good thing" is we were not on the beltway and were able to get to a side street.  Broken pulley,broken fan belt.  AAA couldn't help.  My call is very important to Good Sam,but not enough to answer it!  Finally able to reach son-in-law who is an hour away.  All this while it is 90 some degrees and probably 1000% humidity.  At least it felt that way.

SIL arrives,takes hubby to a parts store.  On the way back,his van overheats!  Limps back to where we are broken down.  Meanwhile,dog and I have been sitting next to the 5er,which provided shade,thank God.  They fix the truck, Yay!  Second call of the day to AAA for SIL's van.  Turns out we only have "classic" coverage,so we'll be paying for that tow.

Of course,by this time we are going to be in the rush hour traffic on the beltway.  Ugh!

Thankfully,we make it to the CG before dark,with enough time to hook everything up.

Camping is exhausting!

Oh, man!  Glad things eventually worked out -they always do, don't they?

Been there and done it and now it is just a tale to tell.

I know it sucks, but there are those of us who know it is sooooo worth it!

Now, relax and enjoy!

Shoo!

Are you still there or  did ya  come home by now?

Where did ya stay?  Castaways?

Beltway traffic  at  rush hour.  Makes me  want  to gag!  hhahahaha

Made it home without incident.  We went up 97 and across the back roads.  No beltway!

Yes,Castaways.  No bargain camping but a nice place.

Busy from Thursday to Sunday,but pretty empty during the week.  Of course,school wasn't out yet.  We had a spot near the back,so we were probably spared some traffic.

Back
Top Bottom