SD mail forwarding services

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

For those using a SD mail forwarding service I'd love to hear your reviews. I'm relatively familiar with America's Mailbox so primarily looking for the alternatives. Thx

I use Dakota Post out of Sioux Falls. I like the virtual mailbox where they can scan in a letter and you can view it online if you wish. I have had good service with them and easy to call and talk to a real person if needed.

we use  "my Dakota address" out of Madison, SD. you work directly with the owner who is great. when looking into a mail service also look at the taxes and fees for your vehicle registration, we found Madison to be one of the lowest. check out the site lots of good FAQ's to read over.
http://mydakotaaddress.com/

SMR said:
when looking into a mail service also look at the taxes and fees for your vehicle registration, we found Madison to be one of the lowest.

So the vehicle taxes and fees vary by city? How much of a difference compared to Sioux Falls? I thought there were no SD registration taxes, didn?t realize it wasn?t a state-wide thing

SD has a "wheel tax" that can be applied at the discretion of a city or county. It's typically a trivial amount, but a few counties are higher. There is a list at http://dor.sd.gov/Motor_Vehicles/WheelTaxChart.pdf

we compared registrations with another couple who also choose SD as a domicile state, I can't remember what county they registered in but they were 75 to 100 more than our truck- we both have the same 2015 F350.  I showed him our numbers but he was going off his memory. LOL

Gary RV_Wizard said:
SD has a "wheel tax" that can be applied at the discretion of a city or county. It's typically a trivial amount, but a few counties are higher. There is a list at http://dor.sd.gov/Motor_Vehicles/WheelTaxChart.pdf
What do you mean by "at the discretion of"? That seems arbitrary.

SMR said:
we compared registrations with another couple who also choose SD as a domicile state, I can't remember what county they registered in but they were 75 to 100 more than our truck- we both have the same 2015 F350. 
A couple of the services are located in Sioux Falls (Minnehaha County) which seems (based on Gary's chart) to have one of the lowest tax rates, lower than Madison. I wonder if we're talking about sales tax vs annual "use/personal property/wheel tax" (or whatever they call it) because it doesn't appear from the wheel tax chart Gary provided that there could be a $100 difference in annual registration costs between counties. I won't owe any sales tax as those were paid when I bought my vehicles - my concern is recurring vehicle registration costs on my truck and RV (the truck is minimal but the RV is over $550/yr currently in AZ, most of which is use tax)

I'm referring to the registration.  you need to research each county you are interested in registering in and see what the registration fees will be. I called the counties I wanted to be in and they told me how much it would be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom