jacks won't work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordiegaffer

i am sitting here at the rally at allegan and my jacks won't work i have power to the panel but the jacks will not move anyone have suggestions i am in row 11 407 we are a 2006 Winnebago sightseer 29r luckily the sight is close t level any suggestions would be greatly appreciated they are Kwickee jacks

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

On our 2008 Journey, there is a inline fuse, short distance away from the pump motor. I think it blew on our first outing. Our pump is located in front of the right front wheel, under neath the entrance steps. Would think yours would be somewhat different.

Check your hyd. fluid level. It ain't much but all I got to offer.  When mine began acting up last year I fought them for a while. 2 States from home.  Rt RR kept decending every 50-70 miles. Scarey at 70mph.  He would go back up if ran him thru 'protocol' OFF AllUp EtcEtc.  Bungeed the little rascal up and came home in 70mile hops.

Took MH into shop in June' Xtra Ride after mkt warr still in force +-6mo. Several months of 'back&forth' between ins ~ shop ~ mfg. Ended in jack rebuikd~ Nope ~ new Jack ~ Nope ~ fuss around some more . OK  OK  Brought it home. Before 3 days passed 2 jacks began to decend.  MORE back&forth' between ins ~ shop ~ mfg. Rebuild ~ Nope ~ 2 new jacks ~ Nope.  Finally OK Gotta sit overnight to be sure. HAHAHAHA in the morning Nothing worked ~ Warrenty gone by a day. Shop thought might have to take out manifold & a lot of other    %&&% to the tune of ++++++$$.  Told them politely to take the Jack Legs off leave all the elecs & hyd.  Gives me a couple of hundred ## of xtra cargo space/#.  At least enough for a bit of lumber.

GOOD LUCK!!      TakeCare ~ TravelSafe ~ HaveFun
                                                                                                                                                                                                  JM2?  ~~  YMMV

Fixed the problem kwikee and General RV said there was an in line fuse and Winnebago said there isn't,  My son and i looked all over for the circuit breaker none found.  tried the 10 sec reset no luck went back on line and it said to reset by removing plugs in the back of the control panel that worked.  It seems that if the battery is dead or has been disconnected it must be reset.   It is too bad the guy from General RV did not know that when he said nothing they did caused my problem.  All is good now thanks for the help.

That's interesting. I know that some of the radios Winnie uses might have an in-line fuse but I certainly wouldn't expect one for your jack control panel.

Glad you got them going and thanks for the follow-up.

Geordiegaffer !! BRAVO for sticking to it and figuring it out.  Very determined fellers.  Thanks for letting us know.

TakeCare ~ TravelSafe ~ HaveFun
                                                                                                                                                                                                  JM2?  ~~  YMMV

Back
Top Bottom