TOILET AGAIN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grashley

I have a couple minor issues with my Thetford Aqua Magic Style II toilet.  Then again, if the toilet is not working properly, I guess it is a MAJOR problem to the DW!

1.  I just had it out again to properly seat the floor flange seal.  Screwed up last time.  Upon reinstall, the water feed line is not sealing.  It comes up from the floor to an elbow with a Female pipe nut and washer inside to connect to the flush valve.  It is leaking around the nut (not me, the plastic one!)  Any secrets??  Does the washer sometimes need replaced?

2.  The foot flush pedal likes to pop off.  I took it off the first time a couple weeks ago.  Before that, no issues.  It has popped off by itself 3 times since.  Last time, it was on less than 24 hours.  Any suggestions?  Am I not seating it tight enough to engage the "clips"?

Any help is appreciated!

Some times there is indeed a washer that goes roll about when you disonnect and if you do not notice.. Leaks

I've had (long) term leaks in my fresh water system at the filters and dristribution (pre-filter) connetions. these are all garden hose fittings.. Turns out there were no washers.  All tight now

If it makes you feel any better our toilet barely made it back from our last vacation. Had hairline cracks all over bowl. When I removed it to replace it broke in half. Lol we we're lucky. If you keep having trouble with that one maybe just replace it. They are not terribly expensive. Just a thought. I didn't have the issues you are installing them.

Gordon, you need to unscrew the nut from the toilet fitting and remove the what use to be a cone shaped rubber washer with something pointed or even a very small screwdriver. Once you get it out, it won't look at all like the replacement. Do not just try to tighten more with a wrench. You should only need to tighten the new one with your hand. NO tools. The washer looks like this:
http://tweetys.com/1-2-cone-seal.aspx?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn7S81anF2wIVisDACh0jgQHnEAQYAyABEgKtvfD_BwE

As far as the pedal, here's the instructions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfWyX3NgQGk

I bought a pack of washers, and found one the seemed to fit.  I screwed the nut on at least two or three turns further than with the old washer.  It felt snug to my wet, tired fingers.  It leaked.  Pulled the nut back off - and THEN found the old washer in the corner.  New washer was very happy in its' new home and would NOT come out!  Put the nut back on and tightened snug with a wrench because my fingers refused to hold it tight enough to turn.  Nut is significantly farther on the water valve, but it is not leaking!!!!

Bet I have the cleanest RV bathroom floor in the county!

I had seen the Thetford video before, and thought I followed it.  I will try to put it back on tomorrow.  I will not force it.  I'll just get a bigger hammer!  ;D 

Back
Top Bottom