kitchen faucets don't work.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gerewolf

I just bought a Viking 21 foot travel trailer.  I tried out the water for the first time on Memorial Day Weekend.  I connected the water spout at our site to our "city water" connection and waited for something to happn.  I also turned on the water pump, then realized after reading the manual that you only use the pump if you have filled the freshwater tank.  I kept the spout on for about 15 mnutes.  The toilet and shower in the bathroom had water, but the kitchen sink didn't.  I checked under the cabinet to see if there was a cutoff or on and off value, but there was none.  I recently had some electricity work done underneath the trailer because some electricity wires had gotten burned.  I don't know if this is relevant.  I turned the water spout off after 20 minute; still no water in the kitchen.  Anybody know what the problem might be?  Thanks.

Try what Ren? said first but also look for a valve that allows you to fill the tank using the city water connection. You should have noticed the tank filling in this case, but you never know!! That valve could be broken internally and not really be in the correct/expected position.

Almost everything is relevant when someone else has worked on the trailer and you are not familiar with all the details.

Alfa38User said:
Try what Ren? said but also look for a valve that allows you to fill the tank using the city water connection. You should have noticed the tank filling in this case, but you never know!! That valve could be broken internally and not really be in the correct/expected position

Agree with Stu. Do you even know if you have the option to fill the fresh water tank while connected to shore power just by opening a valve or is the only way to fill your tank is by a gravity fill port?
While the water was turned on, could you hear it flowing?

"I just bought a Viking 21 foot travel trailer."
Is it new or just new to you?
Have you removed the aerators from each faucet as Rene said?
Try putting a few gallons of water in the fresh water tank and try using the water pump. What happened?
Follow the water lines back to the wet bay and see where they hook up see if they are kinked.
Bill

Hello,
The Viking is a 2017 trailer and was new when we bought it.  I unscrewed the aerator just now and a handfull of water came out of the faucet, so maybe it was the aerator that was blocking the kitchen sink.  I'll try it out again next time I go camping.  As far as filling the tank, there is a city water connection and there is another circular inlet which I think is for filling the freshwater tank.  I was using the former.  Thanks so much.
Gerald

Is your faucet the kind where the arm pulls out and doubles as the sprayer?

If so there is a check valve or other form of back flow preventer LIkely where the hose screwes into the head. They can LIME up on you and not open and allow water to flow.

gerewolf said:
Hello,
The Viking is a 2017 trailer and was new when we bought it.  I unscrewed the aerator just now and a handfull of water came out of the faucet, so maybe it was the aerator that was blocking the kitchen sink.  I'll try it out again next time I go camping.  As far as filling the tank, there is a city water connection and there is another circular inlet which I think is for filling the freshwater tank.  I was using the former.  Thanks so much.
Gerald

Time to  get the books out. ;) Look carefully at the connections one may be a black tank flush. Hooking up to that will just fill your tank. I don't think that is the problem because you had water at outher faucets. Next time out or before read up on sanitize your freshwater tank.
You might find some of these videos helpful.
  http://idn.tweddle.com/forestriver/manual?itemtype=UG&brand=Coachmen_RV&model=Travel_Trailer&language=EN_US&year=2017&market=US&idn_session=o918v7gmaqajddeg7hepmgbc61
2 add on thoughts. You need a water preshure regulator to protect your system and I always use a filter like this one.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Water-Filter-with-Hose/14504321?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=1178&adid=22222222227010681759&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40839127952&wl4=aud-643442393672:pla-78652300112&wl5=9027284&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=14504321&wl13=1178&veh=sem
This is a preshure regulator that will work.
  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Brass-Water-Pressure-Regulator-with-Gauge/29764332?athcpid=29764332&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS002&athguid=466001f5-1b7069df-27b2292d3e16c4f8&athena=true
Let me know what you find out.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom