N orcold N641 won't light.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NateDanger

I have a pretty new (3 years old but only used about 1 month) Norfolk N641. I'm not hooked up to power and generator is not tuned yet, so only lp operation for now. The burner compartment was pretty clean, but I cleaned it with compressed air just to be sure. Propane valve open, stove burner lit.

I turn on the fridge, go outside to burner and while igniter is still sparking, I try lighting the burner manually, but burner still does not light. When lighter flame goes out, the I night error begins clicking again, indicating that the flame sensor is functional.

How do I ensure.propane is getting to the burner?

Nevermind. I took the burner out to clean it even though it's spotless. I also removed the wires from the control board to remove the cover. When all the wires were connected back up to the  control  board, the ignighter started.clicking and i was able to confirm that  propane was coming from the tube that was, at the time, disconnected from the burner. I could see light through the orifice and put it all back together.  Fired.right up and I'll be drinking cold beer in about 12 hours. 

Your problem, (for next time, and there will be a 'next time'), is the connection to the lighter/flame detector (dual purpose). This connection often gets corroded  and causes the problem you had. More often, it is the flame detection function that fails because the voltage created by that sensor is very small and is easily blocked by a poor connection.

I think your fridge is a NORCOLD (or a nevercold as some might say)!!! Enjoy that beer!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom