help! Im looking for a new trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tfb4me

as the title states im in the market for a new trailer.. right now were in a 1989 citation made by general coach. its started to rot to the point of no repair. it lasted 30 years. id like the best built trailer avaiable for canadian climate. i bought this used parked in spot since new. im looking for a 34 to 40 footer with a patio door and a back door. what do you all recomend? id love so.ething made of tig welded aluminum and spray foamed floors walls and ceiling. am i dreaming? who can help me out..thanks folks

Arch Hoagland said:
As far as I'm concerned these people build the best trailers.

http://northwoodmfg.com/

They?re not the ?only?.....but perhaps the ?only? on a working man?s ( or woman?s) budget!  Not a lot ?fluff? or ??smoke and mirrors?....just a functionally sound unit. Also, comes pretty close to a ?true? 4-season unit!

Memtb said:
  They?re not the ?only?.....but perhaps the ?only? on a working man?s ( or woman?s) budget!  Not a lot ?fluff? or ??smoke and mirrors?....just a functionally sound unit. Also, comes pretty close to a ?true? 4-season unit!

Four season where? a good friend on mine owns one i was not impressed at all it was too bare not enough "fluff" and the quality was not that impressive as he has taken his back for warranty work at least 12 times

Not that my Voltage is much better quality wise but Arctic Fox and Northwoods in MY opinion are highly overated my Voltage  with the "ALLWEATHER" lol package has higher rated insulation (available in many Canadian Model 5ers) and the same double pane windows and heated tanks etc and i could have paid less than a similar Arctic Fox model ( when we were comparing 5ers not toy haulers ).

interesting.. id like to look at some in person. Im in Ontario Canada. so they all make them with wood framing and crappy insulation eh. I wish i had the funds to build my own..

what price range for them and that voltage in the 30 foot setup roughly?

tfb4me said:
what price range for them and that voltage in the 30 foot setup roughly?

Voltage is a toy hauler and they dont make them in the 30 ft range.

Prices range across the country Northwood is based out of washington state so shipping across the country is expensive.
Look in Quebec prices are cheaper than Ontario also look at Montanas and Open Range they both make "4 Seasons" but note there idea of season is for the southern states NOT the great white north
You get what you pay for in Rvs the higher the budget the better the quality GENERALLY

But decent quality is $50k and more Cdn funds. Also buying in the states will save you a bunch even with the exchange if you shop properly

Rvtrader.com is you best friend

Look in Quebec prices are cheaper than Ontario....

But... with a GST/PST tax rate of about 16%, you had better look at that closely. (PST is calculated by charging PST on top of the GST, tax on the tax.)

Alfa38User said:
But... with a GST/PST tax rate of about 16%, you had better look at that closely. (PST is calculated by charging PST on top of the GST, tax on the tax.)

What is it in Ontario 15% ??? Would have been 4miilion % with the ndp lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom