Recognition, but not stardom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
A few weeks ago I was sitting in the waiting room of our primary physician when a lady came in behind me and signed in. She scanned the names on the sign-in page and asked "Is Tom Jones a patient here?" The Doc's PA said "yes, and he knows the other Tom Jones". Fortunately, she didn't point at me and say "he's sitting right there". I just smiled when they called my name to go to the room.

After my appointment with the Doc, I was leaving the waiting room when a lady said loudly "do you play in the Delta Strummers?" With nowhere to hide, I 'fessed  up to the nice couple who had spotted the logo on my shirt. They'd attended a number of our concerts, and promised to talk to me the next time they attend a concert.

That is pretty cool Tom. Back in the early 90s I started getting asked if I was Nick Nolte. I did not see any resemblance to him at all but enough people asked me so I figured they were right and I was wrong. Then in 1992 Nick was named the Sexiest man alive. Great, I look like the sexiest man alive and I can't get laid. ??? Then in 2002 he goes and gets arrested with the worst all time mug shot. Here are the photos of Nick and one of me taken about the same time.

Attachments

• nick-nolte-0.jpg
    nick-nolte-0.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 52
  • nick-nolte-mug-shot2.jpg
    nick-nolte-mug-shot2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Tom 1991-01.jpg
    Tom 1991-01.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 62
My brother looked a lot like John Kerry when he was running for President in 2004. I was in California to visit him and people came up to him in town and asked if he was Kerry. "You look just like him" was the usual comment. His response was always "no, he looks like me."
We went out to eat and he was paying the check at the exit and he started talking to the servers. I couldn't resist going in to get him and saying "come on senator, we have to get going." I got a small crowd at the door watching us drive away.

No, but I've been waiting a long time to meet him.

I am told I have a famous doppelganger as well.. I won't say who.

My Doctors when I sign in they take a big black marker and cross it out.
Seems that HIPPA demands they not tell anyone if I am a patient even if I'm standing there signing in.  Actually I had to read that law many moons ago.  IT has some strange elements.

SeilerBird said:
That is pretty cool Tom. Back in the early 90s I started getting asked if I was Nick Nolte. I did not see any resemblance to him at all but enough people asked me so I figured they were right and I was wrong. Then in 1992 Nick was named the Sexiest man alive. Great, I look like the sexiest man alive and I can't get laid. ??? Then in 2002 he goes and gets arrested with the worst all time mug shot. Here are the photos of Nick and one of me taken about the same time.

Hi Tom, I don't know about Nolte, but you look a lot like Mickey Mantle.

Coach_Frank said:
Hi Tom, I don't know about Nolte, but you look a lot like Mickey Mantle.
No one has ever accused me of looking like Mickey Mantle. I did meet him in the early 90s though.

Attachments

• Tom 1991-01 (1).jpg
    Tom 1991-01 (1).jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom