Replacement Window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phrvrs

I am in need of a window for a 1995 Wilderness Fifth Wheel.  Does anyone know of places that would carry replacement parts?

Click here for some parts and salvage places. You could also try a local auto glass company.

Some RV windows are fairly standard parts, while others are custom.  Can you tell the window manufacturer name (often right on the glass)?  Hehr is one of the largest suppliers of RV windows and doors.

If it's a Hehr, HERE is one source for replacements.

Peninsula Glass co

Business
6005 NE 121st st

VANCOUVER 
WA

Business
800-468-4323

I am parked in their lot for an appointment tomorrow morning to get measured for 3 replacement windows in my RV

Just a word on RV windows.

There are basically 2 or 3 parts

1: Glass or other clear part
2: Frame  (holds the glass)
3: "Shell"  (if it opens, this is the non-moving part that bolts to the house, also called frame)

If all that is bad is the glass part. Any good glass shop can custom cut a hunk of glass. to fit the frame

If, however, there is frame damage... GOOD LUCK

John In Detroit said:
Just a word on RV windows.

There are basically 2 or 3 parts

1: Glass or other clear part
2: Frame  (holds the glass)
3: "Shell"  (if it opens, this is the non-moving part that bolts to the house, also called frame)

If all that is bad is the glass part. Any good glass shop can custom cut a hunk of glass. to fit the frame

If, however, there is frame damage... GOOD LUCK

It is not that easy or simple with dual pane windows John.  They have to be sealed which take more than just cutting a piece of glass.  Russ has provided a very good resource for replacement windows.

Not quite sure how but I butsted the frame and the glass on a crank out window moving from one spot in the park to another.  I won't make that mistake again.  Anyway...the name of the glass co was stickered right on the windows...

Don't know if it will work for you but the company is called Creation Glass.  Probably won't be as inexpensive as a salvage yard but if the frame needs to be repaired/replaced maybe they could help.

I've e-mailed them with my specs and am waiting for a reply.  If I get any good news I'll let you know.
Pam

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom