I cannot pass up a good deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HueyPilotVN

I have been known to visit Harbor Freight often.  I graze up and down the aisle.  I know Harbor Freight is not like Craftsman or the big names, but it works for me and my projects.

Anyway, Today was one of their parking lot sales.  I went to buy a simple soft plastic cover for the jaws of my vice.

As usual I found a lot more stuff.

To get to the point.  They had a large portable generator that was marked down so low that I just could not walk away.

Now the silly part is that I just gave a smaller 4KW generator away last month.  I really have no use for this generator except to put it in my give away pile or use it if the "Big One" hits the west coast.

I guess I should reveal the details of why i could not pass it up.  The same generator on the floor in the box was $599.  The store manager sold me this one for $200.  I went ahead and got a wheel conversion set and a battery, (it is battery start instead of a pull cord).  Even with the extras it was under $300.

The back story is that a local contractor bought it, used it for a few hours and then returned it.  I cannot believe that but I guess it happens.

The first person with a good story about why they need it can PM or email me.  If I still have it in the fall when the boondockers get back I will go find a deserving person to give it to.

Pictures below.

Attachments

• r20180609_233014.jpg
    r20180609_233014.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 153
  • r20180609_233029.jpg
    r20180609_233029.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 63
  • r20180609_233041.jpg
    r20180609_233041.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 43
  • r20180609_233101.jpg
    r20180609_233101.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 40
  • r20180609_233119.jpg
    r20180609_233119.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 65
I like the term "graze".  That describes me at Harbor Freight to a "T". 
Don't have need of, or room for, the genny, but, wow! what an offer.  You're a great guy, Bill.  I might have to route us thru Havasu one of these days, just to hook up and say "Hi".

I don't need a generator, but wow that is a generous offer.

Bill, I don't need a generator, but I do pray I live long enough and have the opportunity to meet you two, shake your hand and buy ya'll lunch.

Also don't need a genny and looks like I need to stand in line to meet you Bill.
Next winter, my must see list includes KOFA, Joshua Tree, Death Valley & Bill Waugh. 8)

kdbgoat said:
Bill, I don't need a generator, but I do pray I live long enough and have the opportunity to meet you two, shake your hand and buy ya'll lunch.

Just beware if you turn your back on him and he has a cell phone in his hand. Don't ask me how I know.

Besides that, he and Renea are great people.

Hey I forgot about that.

Guess I better post it again.  The Internet is forever.

Attachments

• r20160406_160434.jpg
    r20160406_160434.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 173
  • r20160406_160445.jpg
    r20160406_160445.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 146
When I saw this generator for such a bargain my initial thought was that it could really fill a need somewhere.

Most of the Forum members probably have a generator but I have an idea about how we might work together to find the right home for this one.

When some of us go back to Quartzsite or any boondocking area I suggest that you look around at who is there.

Many retired folks are on a fixed income and they sometimes stretch their income by boondocking.  Sometimes they are even accompanied by others that camp together.  I know that the "Ding Bats" used to do that just south of the big tent at Q.

If you would try to locate a situation like this and find someone or even a small group that could use this generator at least to recharge their batteries or for a similar use.  It would make sense to use it possibly for more than one RV at the same time.  It has pretty close to two 30 amp connections.

I know that with my 6.5 KW generator, I can let others connect with no problem.

Someone could pick it up here in Lake Havasu or I will take it down to whatever boondocking site where it is needed.

I do not really care that the recipient knows where it came from, only that it goes to a good use.

It fits in the back of the Jeep Commander.

I think that this would be a better way to actually find the best use and not just give it to someone that would resell it.

Any ideas?

Bill I think you need more visitors, you appear to be bored!

I am overwhelmed by your generosity towards others. It brings a tear to my eye. You are some guy! I hope we can get to see you to let you sample our margaritas!  You certainly deserve a few!

People named Bill just tend to be upright and generous citizens in my view.  As for Harbor Freight I stroll into that place burdened down by super coupons and 20 percent discount coupons and come out with things that I have never seen before, have no real use for, but cannot see living without them.

Bill

I stopped by the boondocking site at the north end of Lake Havasu at the top of the hill.

There was a trailer parked up there.  It was and still is 114 degrees today.

Nobody should be parked in the desert in 114 degrees with out cooling.

There was a disabled veteran, his wife, a dog and a cat and no air conditioning.

I found at least a temporary home for the generator.

Carl, (the fellow), came down into town with me and we loaded it in the back of the Jeep SUV and took it up to the site.

Turns out the generator has never even had oil or gas in it.  We put oil and gas in it and it started right up and started to cool off the trailer with the A/C.

I told him that he could use it as long as he was there or at the site south of town.

I was going to just outright give it to him but I thought that this approach might be better.  I will probably go ahead and give it to them later.

That's my story and I am sticking with it.

Attachments

• r20180622_164942.jpg
    r20180622_164942.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 82

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom