Little Rock, AR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old_Crow

Here's some pics of our site at the Maumelle COE park in Little Rock Arkansas. 
This has been our home for the last 3 months while my wife had and recovered from heart surgery. The park, in association with the local hospitals, has about a dozen long term medical sites.  If you're having problems that require long term hospitalization or repeated out-patient visits(chemo, etc)the hospital can qualify you to stay as long as you need to...no two week limit(we've been here on and off since Mar. 15th). 
The sites are the same price as all the other sites in the park($12/night with senior pass)but they are the only sites in the park with full hookups.  This means you don't have to uproot your home every few days to dump your tanks.
My wife's better now, and in a couple of days we'll hit the road for Arizona, but this has sure been a nice place to stay while she recovered, within 6 miles of all 3 hospitals she was in before she got her heart fixed. 
We've also stayed here as regular campers(which is how we knew about the medical sites)and if you need to overnight in the Little Rock area, it's only a couple miles off the freeway and has easy access for even the biggest rigs.

Attachments

• 34461579_2218748341471836_7493166816965951488_n.jpg
    34461579_2218748341471836_7493166816965951488_n.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 34475631_2218748431471827_6592026478618083328_n.jpg
    34475631_2218748431471827_6592026478618083328_n.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 34506499_2218748514805152_3825092423504101376_n.jpg
    34506499_2218748514805152_3825092423504101376_n.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 31
Nice site Wally. In the first 2 pictures, over on the left there is a poll with a 90 degree bend at the top. Is that to hang a bird feeder?  :eek: ;D

I've seen trash bags, bird feeders, hanging chairs, and one end of a hammock hung from those poles.  They were originally for gas  lanterns, as Tom said, but most today use them for those stupid "bucket lights". 

We stayed here about 4 years ago. Loved the place. We stayed waterfront and pulled in facing the water instead of backing in. Boy, our view out the front was spectacular...watched the barges. Of course, our site didn't have sewer...that's the downside, but for $10.00, we dealt with it. That's nice that they have FHU for the long-term medical sites.

Glad your wife is better. 

What a good idea!  There is a large University teaching hospital near us, as well as a Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville that both see patients that require long term treatment and follow up as you?ve described. I?ve often wondered how difficult it would be for these facilities to put in some full hookups for folks in a situation like yours.

Great news that your better half is feeling better, you will be so relieved! I love the curtains with the crowd, how wonderful.  Park looks beautiful.

Hope your wife continues to recover her strength and is back to her normal self soon.

Glad your wife is doing better. Thanks for sharing, it is always good to find anouther good park. I have always stayed at Downtown Riverside RV Park. It is one of my favorite stops going East or on the way back home.
Bill

jackiemac said:
Great news that your better half is feeling better, you will be so relieved! I love the curtains with the crowd, how wonderful.  Park looks beautiful.

Hope your wife continues to recover her strength and is back to her normal self soon.

It's not a curtain, it's a sign that was supposed to hang outside from a holder deal we had at our S&B for an address placard.  The guy got the measurements wrong, so it's way too big for that.  I was looking for a place to put it and discovered that it will slide between the screen and the glass of the side window, so that's where it goes now. 
If you can't tell, we really play off the name.  My favorite piece is the country crow with the long flamingo legs.  My wife and I were talking about taking one of the decoys that we already had and making long flamingo legs for it to make fun of the people with flamingos at their camp.  My girlfriend-in-law found this one at a yard sale, pre-made.  Then there's the Old Crow whisky barrel-head sign that I hang on the grille of the coach, and the Old Crow statues that sit on the dash, etc.  We moved about 1/2 of our OC advertising collection into the coach when we sold out.

WILDEBILL308 said:
Glad your wife is doing better. Thanks for sharing, it is always good to find anouther good park. I have always stayed at Downtown Riverside RV Park. It is one of my favorite stops going East or on the way back home.
Bill

Bill, I know that park has good reviews, but really, it's just a parking lot.  Maumelle may not be as close to I-40, but it's an easy stop to get to and so much nicer.  There's been a large population of Canada Geese here this spring and it's been a hoot watching the chicks get larger every day.
I'd say give it a chance next time you're in town.  Size of the rig doesn't matter.  I saw a Prevost parked in one of the spots yesterday, and this morning there's an original, restored 13' Shasta TT parked across from me.

Happy to hear your wife is recovering. We have stayed at the base famcamp when in the area but will definitely look into this CG. It is cheaper too.

Rene T said:
Nice site Wally. In the first 2 pictures, over on the left there is a poll with a 90 degree bend at the top. Is that to hang a bird feeder?  :eek: ;D

We hang our grandson on those poles when we need him to stay close to the site.

Old_Crow said:
It's not a curtain, it's a sign that was supposed to hang outside from a holder deal we had at our S&B for an address placard.  The guy got the measurements wrong, so it's way too big for that.  I was looking for a place to put it and discovered that it will slide between the screen and the glass of the side window, so that's where it goes now. 
If you can't tell, we really play off the name.  My favorite piece is the country crow with the long flamingo legs.  My wife and I were talking about taking one of the decoys that we already had and making long flamingo legs for it to make fun of the people with flamingos at their camp.  My girlfriend-in-law found this one at a yard sale, pre-made.  Then there's the Old Crow whisky barrel-head sign that I hang on the grille of the coach, and the Old Crow statues that sit on the dash, etc.  We moved about 1/2 of our OC advertising collection into the coach when we sold out.

Love it!

Back
Top Bottom