Replacing class A copilot seat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura & Charles

Could be anywhere. Originally from Ohio. Go Bucks!
We want to replace the copilot captains chair. Matching leather and color is important, design not so much. We want a full power model with a footrest. (Current one has power footrest but is otherwise manual.)  So (of course) some questions.
Current one is Flexsteel and the quality seems fine. But are there other brands that anybody thinks better enough that we should look at? 
Does Flexsteel use the same pedestal for all their models?  (And are pedestals universal, so if answer to first question is ?yes?, would existing pedestal be usable?)
Is this a diy job? (I wouldn?t expect much to bolting it in and wiring... but assembly likely required to fit thru the door.)
Thank!

Flexsteel makes numerous models and there are a couple different pedestals.  The models Flexsteel makes for OEMs are necessarily the same as their aftermarket stuff either, e.g. different upholstery.  Probably the powered models with the footrest are use the same pedestals, though.

I've had my Flexsteel seats (with powered foot & back rests) off a couple times, once for new flooring, once for an upholster repair, and once to move a new fridge into the RV.  It's well within DIY skills if you are handy with a wrench and patient.  Heavy to move, though, so a helper is good to have.

Generally, the entire swivel mechanism can be removed for the floor base by removing the Big Nut on top of the swivel post.  The swivel base is anchored through the floor with 4 large bolts and you have to get under the coach to loosen those, so hopefully avoid that.  The seat & back can be removed from lower frame section, the part that slides and tilts with a half dozen bolts that are kind of buried in the upholstery a bit. Arm rests too - they use a push & rotate motion to get them off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom