Rv power converter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigj0824

Hi everyone I'm new to the group and new to rving as well. As far as living in an rv I got most of the things down except for a recent problem that just occured. I'm having problems with my electricity and I found the problem. All the problems point to the power converter. I can fix it or replace it but I can't find it on my rv. I have a 1992 bounder fleetwood. If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Much love,
Jonny ?

In that year and model it is probably part of the combined AC/DC power center, which is likely a Magnetec 63xx model.  If you have 120vac circuit breakers and 12v fuses in one panel, that is probably it. The converter/charger will be a component in the lower section after you remove the front piece.  You can replace the whole power center with a up-to-date model (the best choice), or you can disconnect the converter/charger components and wire in a new deck-mount  converter charger. Neither is difficult, but can be time-consuming (you need to carefully study the wiring and label every wire you remove).

Here are some possibilities:

http://www.bestconverter.com/Upgrade-Kits_c_64.html

Wow man you're right. I just looked at it right now. You were extremely helpful and I am extremely thankful. Thank you very much.

Your batteries will thank you for replacing the converter/charger, and so will your 12vdc appliances. Technology has come a long, long way in this area!  Get a multi-stage charger (at least 3 stages), even if it costs a few dollars more. However, most all RV converter/chargers are 3-stage or better.

Wow. Just read my first Bounder related post and already a Bounder Sensei has emerged like a phoenix from the ashes. 
I'll be reading all of your posts Gary.  Thanks.

RVForum11 said:
Wow. Just read my first Bounder related post and already a Bounder Sensei has emerged like a phoenix from the ashes. 
I'll be reading all of your posts Gary.  Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.
You?re going to find quickly, that when Gary talks, everyone listens. He?s the best of the best when it comes to RV? s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom