Class C with 2 AC units?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsm1847

For the life of me I cant find any information about class c's with 2 AC units.  We went to check out RV's (the queen and i), and although I had thought we would go with an A, she likes a C.  So I guess I changed my mind and have been researching C's.  The problem is we MUST have 2 ac units....this is not an option.  I know most C's only have 1.  Are there any that have 2?  Oh yeah by the way, I tried to search for this but search engine doesnt let me search class c because each search word has to be at least 2 letters?

You're not going to find many Class C motor homes with 2 A/C units unless you go big. My previous motor home, a 2014 Winnebago Aspect 30J had one 15,000 BTU unit, which kept up with demand for the most part.

My current coach has two 15,000 BTU units, but be prepared for the cost.

Ok thanks! I guess I'm not going class c. We live in South Texas and AC is no joke in 100 degree weather, especially when sleeping!

Look at Super-C models, e.g. the Jayco Seneca, Four Winds Super C, Chateau Super C, Dynamax, etc. They are all larger and better equipped.

Standard C's generally aren't large enough to have two a/c, either in length or interior volume.  One a/c with 15k btus is enough cooling power, but they can still come up short because the cool air doesn't circulate well inside. The larger Super-C models usually have ducted system to help distribute the air and two a/c so that there is a source toward both front and rear.

If you don't want a larger rig, check out the smaller A's - they start at 26 ft.  You may not find two a/c in those either, but it may be an option if you factory order. A 32 foot A probably has two a/c, though. Examples: Tiffin Allegro 32, Winnebago Intent 26-31.

Thanks for your comments. We were looking at a class a but my wife is afraid to drive it.  Looks like she is going to have to take a class or something because we cannot live in Texas without 2 air conditioning units!!

I have a friend whose 5r came with only 1 ac.  His bedroom had a ceiling vent.  He took out the vent and put an ac in its place. Fortunately his trailer had wiring already. If you find a coach with vent in the bedroom,  you might be able to put in a second ac.

There probably aren't too many class C's prewired for a second a/c. There probably aren't many with 50 amp service either. It would take a 50 amp service to be able to run both at the same time.

My 28 ft class A with no slide only has a single 15kbtu air conditioner and it does ok in our climate South Louisiana in the summer though it would be nice to have a second one. I do have 4 season insulation and dual pane windows. It also helps to put out the window and side awnings and put up the sun cover on the windshield.

kdbgoat said:
There probably aren't too many class C's prewired for a second a/c. There probably aren't many with 50 amp service either. It would take a 50 amp service to be able to run both at the same time.
I actually went to dealer asking about install of 2nd unit. They said the same...even of installed, wiring and generator couldn't handle it.

Almost everyone is a little intimidated about driving a Class A at first.  But in a lot of ways, they're actually easier to drive than a Class C.  With sitting up higher in a Class A along with the huge windshield, you can see over most of traffic and further up the road.  This gives you much more "situational awareness" and makes for a more relaxed drive.  I'd say most Class A owners actually ENJOY driving our motorhomes!  Have the Mrs take the driving class & get the Class A:)

Our First RV said:
Almost everyone is a little intimidated about driving a Class A at first.  But in a lot of ways, they're actually easier to drive than a Class C.  With sitting up higher in a Class A along with the huge windshield, you can see over most of traffic and further up the road.  This gives you much more "situational awareness" and makes for a more relaxed drive.  I'd say most Class A owners actually ENJOY driving our motorhomes!  Have the Mrs take the driving class & get the Class A:)
That's the plan!  I'll probably get her some classes.  Thanks for the input!

Phoenix Cruiser will let you option a second A/c... http://www.phoenixusarv.com/quote-request.html.  Plug in  model 2552 to see options.

Talk about great timing!  I was actually dropping off my RV at my storage facility after a radiator flush, and there was an E450 based Class C there with two A/C units!  I don't know what brand it was, but the model was called an Envoy.  You may wanna check it out!

Our First RV said:
Talk about great timing!  I was actually dropping off my RV at my storage facility after a radiator flush, and there was an E450 based Class C there with two A/C units!  I don't know what brand it was, but the model was called an Envoy.  You may wanna check it out!
Awesome, thanks for the heads up!!!

When we were looking for a Class C, one of our requirements was that it have boosted AC meaning that it had the largest and/or all of the options it could have to max out the AC.  We were considering a Jayco 29MV I think it was.  I'm pretty certain it was the one that had an option for a 2nd AC unit.

Here is a possible solution.  Buy a window air unit or a portable air unit.  Run the cord, with an extension to the 20 amp outlet on the park power pole.  You cannot use the unit going down the road, but you can use it in most parks.

Our First RV said:
Did some further checking, it's made by Jayco.  Brand new model for 2018, a "luxury" Class C

My 32ft Class C single AC unit had no problems keeping rig cool in 100deg arizona temps. We don't try to hit 60 degs inside either

Back
Top Bottom