Adding 3rd seat in Class C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Susiej

Wondering if anyone has or if we can add a third seat facing forward in a Class C (Thor Siesta) RV. The bench seat faces sideways, which isn't that comfortable to sit while traveling. Any help?? My mother-in-law travels with us so we would like that option.

I've never seen it done, but I'll bump the thread up with a comment....
I remember thinking once that i wish they made a class c on a crew cab F-550.  Not sure I can really picture how it would look, but I would love to have a second row of 'proper' seats for the kids

blw2 said:
I've never seen it done, but I'll bump the thread up with a comment....
I remember thinking once that i wish they made a class c on a crew cab F-550.  Not sure I can really picture how it would look, but I would love to have a second row of 'proper' seats for the kids

They?re available, but $$$$$

Is it possible to attach a captain chair just above the step into the cabin, in between the driver/passenger seat? Not a jump seat. It would have to have seatbelts. BTW when we were traveling last summer, I wedged a camp chair between the back of drivers chair and the slide. I was pretty comfy but knew it wasn't safe.

I think it's safe to say that it is possible.
but a lot more complicated about standards and regulations.  Would it be properly engineered? properly anchored to structure? etc...

I don't know where you'd find out for sure.  Talk with an automotive or RV engineer I suppose and get pointed to the chapter and verse in some obscure list of codes.  Hopefully someone like that will chime in here....but in all the discussions about seat belts, car seats, and such I've never seen a definitive source chime in with that sort of info.... on this or other forums either.

But think about this....how many times have you ridden in a charter bus, rental car bus, etc... without seat belts.  Just the other day we were riding the street car trolley in downtown Tampa, and I was explaining to my kids what the handles hanging form the ceiling are.  They let you stand in things like that!
so
don't you think that pretty much anything you could come up with would probably be good enough?
maybe not good enough to meet child seat requirements, but for an adult to sit in....  the back of an open pickup is fine...

Back
Top Bottom