First week out in the new CruiserRV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimrex

Really enjoyed the trailer - only issues was dealing with the 95+ degree heat and moderate humidity that we have this time of year west of Houston.  Our unit has dual AC with a 50AMP service, but the park sites are 30AMP.  So, using the dogbone, I experimented around to keep the breaker trips minimized by keeping the bedroom AC off during the heat of the day with the main unit at 78.  At night, no issues with the main unit set to 74 lo auto and bedroom 74 lo constant.  A few trips here and there, but we survived.

Also had an issue with toilet smells during flushing - several posts on the forum should help me the next trip:
- don't use fan when flushing
- plenty of water
- close the black tank valve when using the integrated spray system
- leave some water in tank when leaving

So, regarding item one... use fan while "actively contemplating existence", but turn off for flushing?

I also researched various debates on weBoost versus MaxAmp RV for boosting our cellular coverage while parked.  Gord responded to my web-form query several seconds after I clicked.. scary.  I think that I have a handle on that and will attempt an install this week.  Not sure about the 2' vertical separation unless that's antenna tip to tip.

I also have to sort through the various Lippert Waste Master items that I ordered due to the dual sewer outlets that the trailer has.  Most likely will drop the whole dual lines connected to a WYE as the solution may be too ugly and unwieldy to transport.  I'll just put two connectors on and move the line over as needed.  Only out return shipping at that point.  Lesson learned not to jump the gun - especially when your collagen is gone.

James

Attachments

• trailer_small.jpg
    trailer_small.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 38
  • trailer2_small.jpg
    trailer2_small.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 36
"don't use fan when flushing"  -A lesson it only takes once to learn.  Or, as my old football coach used to say, "a hard lesson is a good lesson".  haha

FenderP said:
"don't use fan when flushing"  -A lesson it only takes once to learn.  Or, as my old football coach used to say, "a hard lesson is a good lesson".  haha
Never seemed to be an issue on the 2009 Passport we just upgraded from.  different ventilation design I suppose.

jimrex said:
Never seemed to be an issue on the 2009 Passport we just upgraded from.  different ventilation design I suppose.

Well, open pipe to black tank and vent fan pulling air up . . .

Maybe the Passport had a check valve of some kind?

Your comments about the black tank have me a bit concerned.  You do know the black tank drain MUST NEVER be left open when camping, even when connected to the sewer, don't you?

"actively contemplating existence"

What a fine turn of phrase.  I'll have to make it part of my lexicon.  "Back in a bit, dear.  Gonna go actively contemplate existence for a while."

jimrex said:
- don't use fan when flushing
- plenty of water
- close the black tank valve when using the integrated spray system
- leave some water in tank when leaving

Most likely will drop the whole dual lines connected to a WYE as the solution may be too ugly and unwieldy to transport.  I'll just put two connectors on and move the line over as needed. 

- Use only one AC at a time on 30amp, and get a voltmeter, if under 105 volts, use no AC.
- If fan is reversible, have it blow in.  If not reversible, turn it off.
- No need to waste "plenty of water"
- OPEN the black tank drain when flushing the tank.
- After draining and flushing black tank, add about 5 gallons of water.
- Use a garden hose connected to galley drain and sewer connection, lose the 3" hose.

grashley said:
Your comments about the black tank have me a bit concerned.  You do know the black tank drain MUST NEVER be left open when camping, even when connected to the sewer, don't you?
I was concerned too Gordon. Sounds like he might have the beginnings of a poop pyramid. ???

Quote from: grashley on June 11, 2018, 07:50:55 PM
- "Your comments about the black tank have me a bit concerned.  You do know the black tank drain MUST NEVER be left open when camping, even when connected to the sewer, don't you?"
I was referring to the instructions on the trailer at the spray cleaning connection.

- "I was concerned too Gordon. Sounds like he might have the beginnings of a poop pyramid. ???"
I think the issue was the fan constantly running

Thanks for replies and concerns.

grashley said:
;)

lynnmor said:
- Use only one AC at a time on 30amp, and get a voltmeter, if under 105 volts, use no AC.
- If fan is reversible, have it blow in.  If not reversible, turn it off.
- No need to waste "plenty of water"
- OPEN the black tank drain when flushing the tank.
- After draining and flushing black tank, add about 5 gallons of water.
- Use a garden hose connected to galley drain and sewer connection, lose the 3" hose.
Thanks - sounds good.  I might do that for the galley drain.

Back
Top Bottom