TV HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PCB2054

HELP---  We just bought a Catalina Coachmen 261BHS and went for a "test run" this weekend.  We went to a KOA about 5 minutes from our house (LOL).  We tried using the antenna that comes stock on the camper but never got any channels.  The campground claims that you should get about 10 channels and other people said they were having no problems getting these channels but we would "Channel Scan" and would never find anything.  I have a "co-axial" cord run from the "tv"plug in the camper to the "cable" slot on the tv, we pushed the green button beside the port in the camper and it comes on.  Is there something else I need to do?  I did notice their is a spot for "aux" just above the "tv" port in the camper.  I assumed that was when hooking up an exterior dish unit or when actually hooking up to cable on a site. 

Please let me know what I am doing wrong or give me some ideas on how to fix this issue.  Thanks!

When doing the channel scan, did you have "antenna" or "OTA" and not "cable" selected in the television's menu?

I have it on "air" but i tried it with the "cable" setting.  Same result- no channels found.

Did you make sure your antenna booster is on. Should be a button on a coax wall jack somewhere that lights up when pushed. May have to look around for it.

Never mind I missed that part in your post. Sorry

Eek!

I posted  this  same question last week in the tech section.

I haven't  solved the problem.

First what antenna do you have . There are ANTENNAS. and Antennas and (antennsa) 

Winegard Sensare IV This one comes with the wingman.  that is an ANTENNA
The S-II and S-III (with out the wingman) are ANTEnnas
The Jack is an Antenna
The omin's be they Winegard or jack are (antennas) (not much good).

NExt break out your smart phone. Go to the APP store and type in Winegard. They have an antenna pointing app
Open it and choose ANT (not sat) it will show you what is around you, how far away.  IF any are on the innter 2 rings pick one and point to it (NOTE the app has an aid for that) the Front of the antenna is the side WITHOUT the lift arms for Winegard (or the side with the Wingman if it is installed)

Then we get down to trouble shooting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom