Shade Pro awning issue.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill and Debbie

I had my 18' awning material replaced earlier in the year in Yuma, AZ. Its' been determined that there is something wrong with the sizing and Shade Pro has agreed to replace the acrylic fabric when we are back in the SW in early 2019. I do, however, have a problem with water dripping from underneath the metal roller material up against the coach. Seems when it is raining, I'm getting drips off the upper area which are landing on my steps, outside outlet, and pretty much along the entire length of the awning. Very upsetting as I paid around $850 for the replacement of the original vinyl awning material and in some ways wish I hadn't done this. Not sure why this is not water tight.

Anyone else have this issue with dripping water along the upper area where it is attached?

We replaced the fabric on our Dometic awning a couple of years ago, and it drips water from the seem where the fabric is attached to the aluminum cover. I have wondered if there is some type of sealer I could use on it.

Thanks Paul. You didn't mention if Shade Pro replaced yours but yes I am hopeful that maybe I can seal it if the new replacement is similar.

Bill and Debbie said:
Thanks Paul. You didn't mention if Shade Pro replaced yours but yes I am hopeful that maybe I can seal it if the new replacement is similar.

We got the replacement fabric from Dometic.

Any camping store should sell tent seam sealer. It fills the holes left by the needles when the fabric is sewn. The sealers I've seen go on milky white and dry clear.

I had a similar problem when my Carefree Eclipse got old.  It began to leak where the top seam was stitched,  basically deteriorating threads left tiny holes.  Waterproofing helped a lot - I used 303 Fabric Guard.  One of the fabric seam sealer products would probably be even better, e.g. Gear Aid's Seam Grip or Coughlan's Seam Seal.  If you don't have an outdoor outfitter store near you, buy on Amazon or Ebay. Some Walmarts have a Coleman brand seam sealer product too.

Back
Top Bottom