Fleetwood Bounder 2000 6.0 turbo diesel has no power only 30mph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tibi

Hallo
I am from Germany and need your help. Have a Bounder 39 from 2000 with 6.0 turbo diesel and its drive only 25/30 mph. The engine works very nice and the gearbox change good.
The Fleetwood has 43000 miles. Need your help please. Thanks

The 2000 5.9 "b" cummins has a fuel supply pump on side of motor,it feeds the VP44 injection pump.When the supply pump dies,it starves the injection pump,which causes it to fail due to lack of luberication,fuel is its lube.Seen it many times.

I would also check all the plumbing between the turbo and the motor including the CAC. Having a air leak and not having the boost will cause lack of power.
Bill

we had that happen once- turned out the "hump" hose was loose and came off. I reattached the hose and all was good. it was on our 2005 Bounder

Does it have a MIL on?  (check engine light)  6.0L Navistar diesels were very trouble prone, but mostly in the F250-550 trucks.  The van and bus applications are more reliable.  A fault in the engine or emission control systems can set a MIL and put it in "limp home mode" which is only about 50% power.

Curiosity is driving me nuts, so I have to ask:  What 2000 Bounder ever had a 6.0L engine?  Per Fleetwood brochures, all 2000 diesel Bounders used Freightliner chassis with a Cummins 5.9L @ 275 hp.  Trust me, Freightliner did not install any Navistar engines!  And if it's a gas Bounder, the choice was a Ford F53 chassis with 6.8L V10 or a Workhorse P30 chassis with GM 454 (7.5L) V8.

So what's with the 6.0L turbo diesel???  An engine repalcement, maybe?

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Curiosity is driving me nuts, so I have to ask:  What 2000 Bounder ever had a 6.0L engine?  Per Fleetwood brochures, all 2000 diesel Bounders used Freightliner chassis with a Cummins 5.9L @ 275 hp.  Trust me, Freightliner did not install any Navistar engines!  And if it's a gas Bounder, the choice was a Ford F53 chassis with 6.8L V10 or a Workhorse P30 chassis with GM 454 (7.5L) V8.

So what's with the 6.0L turbo diesel???  An engine repalcement, maybe?

I thought the same thing but thought maybe I missed something.

It's not unusual for RV owners to have faulty info regarding their chassis, engine, etc. Somebody told them wrong, maybe a former owner or a glib salesman, and they just pass it on.

Back
Top Bottom