IN State Park Dump Station - Hose Fitting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigus_d

Fairly new to RVing...  On my last trip out, thought I'd give the black tank a thorough cleanout since there wasn't a line at the dump station.  Took my hose out to connect to the available water source, and found the fittings didn't match.

At the Indiana State Parks (where we've done all of our RVing so far), the dump stations all have hoses that are hanging down...  They have nozzles on them for spraying the deck after dumping...  I figured a could run my hose around and run water down the toilet to give the tank a nice wash (even have a wand that rotates just for this purpose)?  But since the hose didn't fit, I just ended up flushing the toilet a bunch.

Anyhow, has anybody ran into this?  I assume there is an adapter I can buy that will fit... what size?  Hopefully I can give it a really nice flush on our way into the next campground (Brown County this weekend) :).

Joezeppy is correct.  The fresh water hose adjacent to the dump station does not meet health code standards for potable water sources, so they use a non-standard fitting to make it not easily accessible for filling tanks.

Assuming you will be cautious in its use, you can get a "water thief" type adapter, so named for the ability to make hose connections where usually prohibited.  Here's an example from Camco:
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Connects-Standard-Various-Sources/dp/B000EDOSKG

We Camped at Shakamac State park in indiana  last weekend and I used the dump station rinse hose and it threaded into my Black tank flush port. What park were you at?

Back
Top Bottom