1988 Itasca Sundancer ...many questions so little time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themoons

I am and will be pouring over these wonderful message board topics if anyone wants to chime in and reply my spouse and I would be more than happy to listen.  Bought a used 1988 Itasca Sundancer class C with 55,000 miles on it.  We have almost everything in ways of brochures and manuals but some are missing.  We have been tent and Apache pop up campers for many years.  We usually go out in the remotes of the Cascade Range in Washington State to do our camping....so we will not very often be campground camping.  Anyone with experience and knowledge on older Itasca Class C on the simple things...Like how to light (if its not self lighting) the hot water heater, hooking up extra deep cell batteries, propane/electric frig questions.  My husband is very handy with fixing stuff (already fixed the rough idle on the Ford engine, the brakes,  fixed all the running lights so he is not helpless (like me).  But most of the manuals we have dont seem to say where stuff is located (its like the manufacturer thinks we know this already) so we are frustrated.  The former owners (2nd owners) said everything works (they could never figure the onan generator out) and so far the engine runs like a champ, stove and over work, the frig works on d/c...sometimes a/c not yet on propane. and all the gauges on the stove hood work great.  The air cond. works well too.  We cannot figure out how to see if the hot water heater works..heck we cant tell by the paperwork/manuals if the hot water heater is manual light or not.  In short we are knuckleheads.  This motor home is pristine inside and its 30 years old.  Everything we figured out to turn on works like stated by the previous owner.  We just are trying to figure out all the simple stuff that all these youtube videos and websites talk about but dont go into the real basis...like where stuff is located or what type of equipment we actually have in our RV.  So anyone that has a few minutes to spare and knows the equipment on a 1988 Class C Itasca Sundancer we would love to pick your brain. 

Please try to ask specific questions about how each item works, what a switch or knob does, etc.  We can help a lot, but it's simply not practical to reproduce an entire owner manual here, not even for a single appliance, let alone an entire RV. Appliance make and model designations are crucial.

Back
Top Bottom