Winnabego waste hose hole doesn't fit through hole.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvcooper

I have a winnabego 29ve motorhome and the waste hose hole in the floor on the outside storage is not large enough to actually fit the waste hose through it.  I dont know why winnabego would do this.  You cannot fit the hose through the floor hole.  Has anyone filed down the hole to enlarge the hole to make it big enough to fit the the hose through.  If not I have to keep the storage door open if I want to hook up the waste hose.. Any advise would help.  I want to run the hose through the hole so I can keep the storage door shut.  Winnabego supplies a hose with only one end with the twist connector.  The other open end does fit through the hole.  Winnabego says just stick the hose with no connector end in the ground pipe.  That's stupid..  then all the smells just float out..  I want to use my Rhino hoses.. but their ends don't fit through the hole !!!

2 soloutions I can think of. Cut a bigger hole to fit your Rhino hose into. Next get a short bungee and attach it so your door will be almost closed. Lots of times I hace had the door swung open for the same reason. I just ignore that and go on with life. :)

A photo would help us be of help to you.  However, is the hole big enough to go through without the connector.  If it is, can you take the connection out, run the hose through and then put the connection back.  Just a thought.

The hole is probably sized for a hose without fittings, a typical RV manufacturer screw-up because they seldom have real-world expertise.

My advice is to remove the flange and cut a larger hole - deck access hatches (deck plates) are readily available in any size you like. Rv dealers may not be a good source, but marine supply stores and online (e.g. Amazon or Ebay) have almost any size or type you could want.  I re-sized mine to provide for a 3" sewer line plus two 5/8" water hoses.

Here are a few:

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Valterra/A10-2171BKVP.html?

https://www.westmarine.com/deck-plates

I hear ya!  Doesn?t seem like that should be a necessary mod.  Ever try a different hose that comes straight down? Not a whole lot someone can do to that section that they can?t already do to you with the outside connections.  I wouldn?t put to much sweat into it.  A bungee would cut it!

On my last two Motorhomes (neither one was a Winne) I have had to cut a larger hole and/or reposition it to suit the sewer hose along with installing a new deck plate. On both of these it was obvious that the original hole would not work.
Something to remember... the people who design and build RV's rarely, if ever, are users so they either don't care or don't understand how things work.

I had the same problem,just  use a jig saw to enlarge one side of the hole so the Rhino end will go through,then you can still  turn the plate to close the hole when  traveling.

worked great for me.

Ron

When my Tioga Ranger was brand new, I had problems with my sewer hose because the connection for dumping was slightly offset from where the hole was in the bottom of the dump compartment.  I had to feed the hose up from the bottom through this hole and then shove it over a couple of inches to connect it to the dump valves.

When I took it in to the factory customer service for some other warranty work, the mechanic noticed it, cut a larger hole and installed a larger cover for the larger hole.  That made it a lot easier to attach the dump hose because it was now a straight shot down.

So, I am guessing that other manufactures might be able to cut a hole and install a cover or plate or whatever. 

We had the same problem on our last motorhome (Winnebago) we also used the rhino hose. The discharge end will go through. Although it is not easy. Have to push it through with some force. I don't know why they used that type  cap.

If the distance and angle from the outlet allows, a clear straight extension may be enough to bring the hose connection outside through the hole.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Sewer-Hose-Adapter-Transparent/dp/B0024E6W9S/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom