Tire Pressure Monitoring system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JacDeniseG

Jack G here,I am looking for recommendations for a good tire pressure monitoring system for my motor home. Looked as some, I think I need a separate screen to view.  I don?t want to use my phone I Will probably be using my iPhone for directions or other. If anyone has a system they like please let me know. I would really appreciate it. Thx

Jack

Just saw on another forum that TST is having a sale until Sunday. We just ordered a TPMS for the motorhome and the toad. Use the coupon code FD15 for 15% off. With the discount, ordering direct from TST was cheaper than Amazon. We used a TST system with our travel trailer, and we were very happy with it. It saved us from a blowout about a month after installing it, so it paid for itself quickly.

There are several members here (including me) who have the Eezrv system and are happy with it. There are several different brands of TPMS systems available, all offering similar performance. It really comes down to features, display and price as to which will be best for you.

Sun2Retire said:
There are several members here (including me) who have the Eezrv system and are happy with it. There are several different brands of TPMS systems available, all offering similar performance. It really comes down to features, display and price as to which will be best for you.
Happy user of EEZRV system here as well. Might mention I do not use flow thru sensors and purchased their repeater too as I have a 43ft long coach with a Chevy Silverado.

The only issue I have with the TST system is the one hour time it takes to report a signal loss from a sensor.

There other very good systems that only take 15 minutes such as the Pressure Pro system.

Sun2Retire said:
:))

I just listed a Pressure Pro TPMS with 16 sensors in the "For Sale and Wanted" section.

i have a TST system and i love it there customer service is outstanding i moved my monitor and it was not receiving all my signals i sent an email and in five minutes the sales manager called me and diagnosed the problem and fixed it

A number of folks here, myself included, moved away from PPro to an alternate brand (EEzRV in our case). PPro's batteries are not user replaceable; You have to send them back to the factory for an exchange, which will likely not be your original sensors (not that it's necessarily an issue). The last several years PPro seems to have abandoned RVers and are focusing more on big rig truckers.

going a bit further on TPMS i bought my tpms from Bellacorp with 10 sensors.. . took our first trip last weekend and drove 70 miles to Pechanga RV resort for the weekend.... I closely monitored the info on the monitor and found my front two tires went up as much as 16 PSI and 8-10 degrees while rear dualies remained relatively stable... is this normal for the front tires....had front tires set at 85 lbs which is what Monaco recommends and found 96 PSI while driving... temps went up about 10 degrees to about 85 ....

Tom said:
A number of folks here, myself included, moved away from PPro to an alternate brand (EEzRV in our case). PPro's batteries are not user replaceable; You have to send them back to the factory for an exchange, which will likely not be your original sensors (not that it's necessarily an issue). The last several years PPro seems to have abandoned RVers and are focusing more on big rig truckers.

Yep, Pressure Pro is not really RV Friendly when looking at the battery having to go back to the factory; however in the years I've been using Pressure Pro I have not had a single false alarm.

With my new system, Tire Minder, I've had a series of false alarms within the first 100 miles of getting the coach. I am hoping it is the antenna location that I am going to relocate this weekend. 

Mauleman said:
going a bit further on TPMS i bought my tpms from Bellacorp with 10 sensors.. . took our first trip last weekend and drove 70 miles to Pechanga RV resort for the weekend.... I closely monitored the info on the monitor and found my front two tires went up as much as 16 PSI and 8-10 degrees while rear dualies remained relatively stable... is this normal for the front tires....had front tires set at 85 lbs which is what Monaco recommends and found 96 PSI while driving... temps went up about 10 degrees to about 85 ....
Im surprised your rear tires remained stable. Both my fronts and rears will increase by at least 10-15 lbs. With rears increasing more.

John Beard said:
Yep, Pressure Pro is not really RV Friendly when looking at the battery having to go back to the factory; however in the years I've been using Pressure Pro I have not had a single false alarm.

With my new system, Tire Minder, I've had a series of false alarms within the first 100 miles of getting the coach. I am hoping it is the antenna location that I am going to relocate this weekend. 

Our TST system started throwing random loss of signal alerts from our rear toad tires after I installed some new electronics in the coach, but installing TST's signal repeater cured that.

found my front two tires went up as much as 16 PSI and 8-10 degrees while rear dualies remained relatively stable...

Rolling down the road and sunshine both cause a temperature increase, which also causes a pressure increase. 10-20 psi isn't a surprise, though a lack of change in the rear tires is surprising. The tire manufacturer takes these things into account when choosing recommended cold pressures.

Dragginourbedaround said:
Im surprised your rear tires remained stable. Both my fronts and rears will increase by at least 10-15 lbs. With rears increasing more.
yes the rears are all set for 80 lbs and never went up more than 2 lbs on all 4... temps on all rears remained about the same too... which is why I questioned the high rise on the fronts... at least one other rv owner at Pechanga stated that was normal on fronts but I thought I would bring it up here...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom