EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Tire Pressure Monitoring system  (Read 611 times)

JacDeniseG

• ---
Tire Pressure Monitoring system
« on: June 12, 2018, 07:15:57 PM »
Jack G here,I am looking for recommendations for a good tire pressure monitoring system for my motor home. Looked as some, I think I need a separate screen to view.  I donít want to use my phone I Will probably be using my iPhone for directions or other. If anyone has a system they like please let me know. I would really appreciate it. Thx

Jack

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • Following the warm weather!
Re: Tire Pressure Monitoring system
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 07:23:30 PM »
We've been very pleased with our TST 507 system. We opted for the valve cap style sensors, and the batteries are very easy to change about once a year with full time use. We have ten sensors, 6 on the motorhome, and 4 on our toad.

https://tsttruck.com/collections/all-products
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Cedar Falls, Iowa
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 08:06:35 PM »
Just saw on another forum that TST is having a sale until Sunday. We just ordered a TPMS for the motorhome and the toad. Use the coupon code FD15 for 15% off. With the discount, ordering direct from TST was cheaper than Amazon. We used a TST system with our travel trailer, and we were very happy with it. It saved us from a blowout about a month after installing it, so it paid for itself quickly.
Pam and Kevin plus Lily the cat
2018 Tiffin 37PA
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk toad
http://toobusyforwork.com

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 08:21:39 PM »
I've been running the TST 507 for years -- works well.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL, Bounder, Beaver
  de N8GGG

JacDeniseG

• ---
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 06:05:57 AM »
Thanks everyone for the input, Looks like TST it will be, Thx!

Jack G

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 06:19:41 AM »
There are several members here (including me) who have the Eezrv system and are happy with it. There are several different brands of TPMS systems available, all offering similar performance. It really comes down to features, display and price as to which will be best for you.
Scott
Fulltiming in a 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Spartan, Cat C7 350
Eezrv TPMS, VMSpc, 970W Solar, Tri-Metric Battery monitor
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab toad
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster toad braking system

Sultan1966

• ---
  • Lifetime Terrorist Hunting Permit #20010911
    • Our Simple Life
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 08:37:52 AM »
There are several members here (including me) who have the Eezrv system and are happy with it. There are several different brands of TPMS systems available, all offering similar performance. It really comes down to features, display and price as to which will be best for you.
Happy user of EEZRV system here as well. Might mention I do not use flow thru sensors and purchased their repeater too as I have a 43ft long coach with a Chevy Silverado.
2008 Monaco Dynasty Renaissance IV

I'll tell you this ó
No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn. ~ Jim Morrison

lavarock1210

• ---
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 09:06:05 AM »
The only issue I have with the TST system is the one hour time it takes to report a signal loss from a sensor.

There other very good systems that only take 15 minutes such as the Pressure Pro system.

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 09:18:08 AM »
I do not use flow thru sensors and purchased their repeater too

Same
Scott

Dragginourbedaround

• ---
  • I look out the window and see trees, I'm camping
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 11:42:43 AM »
:))
Gene

2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2011 Honda Fit

John Beard

• ---
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 12:08:02 PM »
I just listed a Pressure Pro TPMS with 16 sensors in the "For Sale and Wanted" section.
John & Susan
2018 Dynamax DX3 37TS, 350 HP/1,000 ftlbs torque
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon/2005 TJ
Air Force One Brake System
Northwest Las Vegas, NV

2kGeorgieBoy

• ---
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 12:31:33 PM »
We use an EEZRV system and it works very well. Remember that, if you don't already have them, you'll have to install metal valve stems
2000 Georgie Boy Maverick
31' E450 V10  No slides
our toys:
'08 Polaris Touring LE ATV (mine)
'12 Polaris 550 XP ATV (wife's)
1968 AH Sprite (original owners, not on road at this time)
Gary, Jena, and Presley (our awesome yellow Lab).
Westcliffe, CO.

Gordiegaffer

• ---
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 05:37:57 PM »
i have a TST system and i love it there customer service is outstanding i moved my monitor and it was not receiving all my signals i sent an email and in five minutes the sales manager called me and diagnosed the problem and fixed it
Gordie & Cathy Connelly
2006 Winnebago
Sightseer 29 R
2011 GMC Terrain on a TowMaster Dolly

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 05:44:59 PM »
A number of folks here, myself included, moved away from PPro to an alternate brand (EEzRV in our case). PPro's batteries are not user replaceable; You have to send them back to the factory for an exchange, which will likely not be your original sensors (not that it's necessarily an issue). The last several years PPro seems to have abandoned RVers and are focusing more on big rig truckers.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Mauleman

• ---
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 08:50:48 AM »
going a bit further on TPMS i bought my tpms from Bellacorp with 10 sensors.. . took our first trip last weekend and drove 70 miles to Pechanga RV resort for the weekend.... I closely monitored the info on the monitor and found my front two tires went up as much as 16 PSI and 8-10 degrees while rear dualies remained relatively stable... is this normal for the front tires....had front tires set at 85 lbs which is what Monaco recommends and found 96 PSI while driving... temps went up about 10 degrees to about 85 ....
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 08:54:04 AM by Mauleman »

John Beard

• ---
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 09:00:17 AM »
A number of folks here, myself included, moved away from PPro to an alternate brand (EEzRV in our case). PPro's batteries are not user replaceable; You have to send them back to the factory for an exchange, which will likely not be your original sensors (not that it's necessarily an issue). The last several years PPro seems to have abandoned RVers and are focusing more on big rig truckers.

Yep, Pressure Pro is not really RV Friendly when looking at the battery having to go back to the factory; however in the years I've been using Pressure Pro I have not had a single false alarm.

With my new system, Tire Minder, I've had a series of false alarms within the first 100 miles of getting the coach. I am hoping it is the antenna location that I am going to relocate this weekend. 
John & Susan
2018 Dynamax DX3 37TS, 350 HP/1,000 ftlbs torque
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon/2005 TJ
Air Force One Brake System
Northwest Las Vegas, NV

Dragginourbedaround

• ---
  • I look out the window and see trees, I'm camping
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2018, 09:05:44 AM »
going a bit further on TPMS i bought my tpms from Bellacorp with 10 sensors.. . took our first trip last weekend and drove 70 miles to Pechanga RV resort for the weekend.... I closely monitored the info on the monitor and found my front two tires went up as much as 16 PSI and 8-10 degrees while rear dualies remained relatively stable... is this normal for the front tires....had front tires set at 85 lbs which is what Monaco recommends and found 96 PSI while driving... temps went up about 10 degrees to about 85 ....
Im surprised your rear tires remained stable. Both my fronts and rears will increase by at least 10-15 lbs. With rears increasing more.
Gene

2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2011 Honda Fit

NY_Dutch

• ---
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 09:11:26 AM »
Yep, Pressure Pro is not really RV Friendly when looking at the battery having to go back to the factory; however in the years I've been using Pressure Pro I have not had a single false alarm.

With my new system, Tire Minder, I've had a series of false alarms within the first 100 miles of getting the coach. I am hoping it is the antenna location that I am going to relocate this weekend. 

Our TST system started throwing random loss of signal alerts from our rear toad tires after I installed some new electronics in the coach, but installing TST's signal repeater cured that.
Dutch

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2018, 11:09:16 AM »
found my front two tires went up as much as 16 PSI and 8-10 degrees while rear dualies remained relatively stable...

Rolling down the road and sunshine both cause a temperature increase, which also causes a pressure increase. 10-20 psi isn't a surprise, though a lack of change in the rear tires is surprising. The tire manufacturer takes these things into account when choosing recommended cold pressures.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
  de N8GGG

Mauleman

• ---
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2018, 10:08:48 PM »
Im surprised your rear tires remained stable. Both my fronts and rears will increase by at least 10-15 lbs. With rears increasing more.
yes the rears are all set for 80 lbs and never went up more than 2 lbs on all 4... temps on all rears remained about the same too... which is why I questioned the high rise on the fronts... at least one other rv owner at Pechanga stated that was normal on fronts but I thought I would bring it up here...

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 10:41:30 PM »
My fronts typically rise 10-15 psi while the rears are 5 or a little more. Iíve attributed it to the fact that the fronts are running fairly close to max load while the rears are well below max
Scott

JoelP

• ---
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2018, 10:46:02 PM »
I installed TireMinder TPMS last year and have been very satisfied.  This year one sensor came up with a no signal indication.  I called them and they send me my annual refresh on all 10 batteries and O-rings, no charge.
Joel from San Jose

2010 Itasca Suncruiser 37F
8.1L Chevy Workhorse with Banks PowerPack
2016 CMax Energi Hybrid dinghy

udidwht

• ---
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 11:05:19 PM »
My take on them.....

Laziness. It only promotes one head to be lazy.

I gauge check the tire pressure prior to trip (80 psi). Then roll.

NY_Dutch

• ---
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2018, 06:29:11 AM »
My take on them.....

How well does that work for you when you roll over a piece of sharp road debris that causes a leak? Or that hung brake cylinder that's heating up as you roll merrily along? A TPMS is a safety tool, nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't replace routine tire maintenance, just enhances it...
Dutch

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2018, 06:34:44 AM »
My take on them.....

Mostly that's fine, but all it takes is one that read fine when you checked then had something happen (nail in the sidewall?) that can heat up the remaining tire on a dual and cause a blowout (or a weak spot in a steer tire) that will, in turn, potentially cause considerable damage to the RV, even if you get it stopped just fine. People have had several thousand dollars worth of damage done to an RV from a blowout, not counting the tire and its replacement costs.

So a TPMS is like an insurance policy -- you hope you won't need it, or you can take a chance and do without.

Note that my main objection to your post is the reference to "laziness," which is far from the case, at least for most of us who use a TPMS. It's a protection, since I can't check pressure every 30 seconds while rolling down the road without one.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
  de N8GGG

Alpena Jeff

• ---
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2018, 07:31:57 AM »
My take on them.....

Your choice. Good luck to you.
EEZRV. Won't travel without it.
Jeff & Judy
2016 Newmar Ventana 3427
2018 GMC Canyon All Terrain toad
Blue Ox Aventa LX - RVi3 - EEZRV
Retired to "the lake" in north Michigan

Hosted by Over The Network