Power Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roo

Hello All, I have a 2014 36' Bounder Classic. I replaced the 6 volt house batteries with 12 volt but hooked them up backwards. I replaced all the fuses that blew but the windshield wipers, entry steps and slides only work with shore power or by generator. I believe that 1 or both of the battery disconnect relays are bad now but do not know for sure. Anyone with any ideas????????
Thanks,
George

When I push the auxiliary start switch, everything starts to work as long as I hold the switch. Is it safe to say that the auxiliary switch relay needs to be replaced?
Thanks,
George

The good news is if everything works when you hold the Aux Start switch, that says your Aux Start relay and everything beyond it is OK.  The Aux Start relay only activates while you hold in the Aux Start switch, so it's operating normally.  It connects the House and Chassis circuits together, letting the House batteries boost a low starting battery so you can start the engine.  It also sends voltage the other way, in this case connecting the dead House circuits to the good starting battery.

This means you're losing connectivity somewhere between the House batteries and the Aux Start Relay.  It may be a bad battery disconnect relay or you may have blown an in-line fuse or circuit breaker.

Start by physically tracing the wires connected to the House batteries.  Start with the (+) wire and trace it towards where it connects to the Aux Start relay.  A voltmeter or 12 volt probe light will make the process much easier by letting you see where the voltage disappears.

I will second that. It means you AUX START (Boost) solenoid/Relay is working as is the switch. That's nomral for it

Now the Aux battery (not the aux start) solenoid and/or switch. that's another matter. But the other poster gave you a list.

I would start at the battery with a test light. Clip to battery - Tip to Plus bright good. If not bright hook up an external charger and charge for a while (use a smart charger overnight)

Then move clip to unpainted chassis metal part. Bright good
Move out along the POSITIVE line.. Till you get dark. Problem between Bright and Dark.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom