Crack in my fiberglass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeepinbob

I just found this problem today. Thre is a two inch crack in my finerglass skin, diagonally, about 2" long, right at the corner of one slide.

My first thought is to drill a small, shallow hole at the end of the crack, then dremmel the crack out a bit for a bigger line and cleaning, then appoxy it up with some JD Weld or some other appoxy that aheres to fiberglass.

Please, if anyone knows a better method of repair, or better material, let me know.  As usual, I always appreciate everyone's input. Bob

In addition to your suggested fix, if you can get behind the crack, apply some fiberglass mat.

you said drill a shallow hole.  I don't know if I understand what you mean, but I think you need to drill a THROUGH hole to break the stress riser.

blw2 said:
you said drill a shallow hole.  I don't know if I understand what you mean, but I think you need to drill a THROUGH hole to break the stress riser.

Brad, do you mean drill a through hole at each end of the crack to stop it from spreading. They do that with cast iron.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom