Side view cameras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adlin20

Hi! We are n the process of getting delivery of our new(to us) Safari Trek MC. It comes with back camera, but I been thinking about adding side views cameras as well. What is the consensus in adding side view cameras? Are they worth the time and money to install? Any recommendations?

I do not find the side view cameras the least bit useful.

I agree with John -- in fact I'll go further and say I wish I didn't have them, since turn signals automatically activate them, often at a time when I really want to see the rear view, not the side. My mirrors work well for side views

Larry N. said:
I agree with John -- in fact I'll go further and say I wish I didn't have them, since turn signals automatically activate them, often at a time when I really want to see the rear view, not the side. My mirrors work well for side views

Exactly.

I find them distracting, especially at night when the monitor pops on and effects your night vision.

There's nothing shown in the monitor that can't be seen in properly adjusted mirrors.

Thank you all for your response, I was not to keen on them but wanted advice from someone more experienced then me. Hopefully we get our rig this weekend, I am sure I will have plenty of questions so please bear with me......

I have side cameras and feel they are right next to useless. Don't waste your money.

Same here. I haven't gone through the manual yet, but maybe it will tell me how to disable.

They were factory-installed on our coach, and I initially thought they'd be pretty useful, but count me in with the group that finds them next to useless - and I'm a gizmo guy. The mirrors are far easier to interpret, especially at night. While turning left, having to glance to the right to see the display makes no sense to me.

Kev

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom