Power Awning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Itascajoe

Hello all, Question for those of you that have a power awning. I want to put up a shade screen for those times when the patio faces the sunset. We all know how hot it can get. It says to install in the open port of the awning and secure to the ground so it won't blow away. My question is how will the automatic roll-up work with this if the is a large wind that wants to bring the awning in. This thing is kind of a pain to keep putting on and off.

I have a switch to turn the power to the awning off. That said, I don't have an add-on screen. My power awning is pretty much useless because the extends straight out.

There should be a way to disable it, but most power awnings simply won't roll if there is much resistance, so I suspect it is non-issue. I know the Eclipse I had could be stopped quite easily.

Yeah, I have the switch to turn it off but that defeats the purpose of the automatic roll up so it won't be damaged in a pop-up storm.

I do not attach to ground, instead place tables or chairs on either side. When wind blows shade will slide part way up chair then back down to ground when calm.

I've had two power awnings. The first one had the wind sensor....I soon learned to disable it with the control switch. It was useless.

When we bought our current RV and had a power awning installed I told them NOT to install the wind sensor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom