Opinion on 2014 Winnebago Class A Gas Vista 30T?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce M.

Would anyone suggest me not buying my forever RV, a 2014 trition Class A Gas Winnebago Vista 30T? Any issues that would be a deal breaker as far as known headaches with this year model before I plunk down cash? Everything about this RV is on my wish list with the exception of an overcab drop down bed which is not a deal breaker for us......................Bruce

If every thing is in good shape, it should be a good RV for you. Nice length and decent floor plan. You can get after market drop down beds.

Winnebago makes a good product and product support is quite good as well. If you like to tinker and fix things yourself, Winnebago documents all of the plumbing and wiring and is available for download. You can look up parts on-line as well.

I see 3 possible recalls depending on VIIN.  One a lot of us had for the Kidde fire extinguisher, one for the awning motor, one for the door latch deadbolt freezing in the locked position.  Kidde has info on their website and offer free replacement if applicable.  Check the VIIN with Winnebago on other two.  Our friends have a 17 and are quite happy with it.  Coach batteries were not easily accessible but not sure on the 14.  It is a nice floor plan and Winnebago does provide a lot of resources for owners.  Enjoy the ride!

We loved our Vista before going to a DP. We traveled all over the country with it. As said as long as it hasn't been abused.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I spent an hour with the seller on the phone this afternoon. I'm going to take a good look at it in the morning with some cash in my pocket. I've been patient waiting for this one to come along. I'll let you know how it works out.

I have the 2017 Vista LX 30T and really like it (hate hate the tiny shower however but that is the only thing I don't like). Had a few problems but all very minor things except that I  did have to have all the levelers replaced shortly after getting the rig last June. Found out from the factory that they had a bad batch of levels put out around that time. Have added the snap pads put on after the replacements and really like how they work. Knock on wood no other problems which is a blessing after my 2016 Vista LX 27N which turned out to be a lemon.

RVs are custom made, not on an assembly line like cars (well they are on an assembly line but not like an automotive one). So there just isn't issues that are common to an entire line of RVs. Each one has it's own problems. With a used RV condition is everything so you need to find an inspector and have it inspected before putting down money.

Back
Top Bottom