Propane-Tunnels-Deleware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ditsjets7

Hi All, planning a trip from Upstate NY to Delaware Seashore State Park in July. I will be driving my 31 foot class C. My friend will be following with a travel trailer. We both have Propane on board. I know that there are Tunnels and Bridges down that part of the coast that do not allow campers with Propane. Where/How Do I find out this information ahead of time so I do not have to make a last second detour, or pay a fine....Thank you everyone.

Mike

There are no tunnels or propane restrictions in Delaware. The only place I know of propane restrictions are around Baltimore. What route are you taking into Delaware?

If you go through the Delmar Tunnel I think it is they will stop you and confirm it is shut off.  It has been a while so the name of the tunnel may be slightly off.

Yep, The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel requires the bottles/tanks to be shut off. If the OP takes that route, they're going the long way around. Haha ;D

Yeah no doubt.  I need to get down that way.  Some recent posts have me thinking about it again.

Back
Top Bottom