Powering a CPAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snarg

Before anyone asks, yes, I searched the forum for my answer first :)

We are taking a few trips with just our truck. I have found a 12v adapter for my machine. I would rather not run it off of my truck batteries as I fear I will drain them.

Does anyone have any experience using a portable jump starter pack? Many of the new ones come with a 12v plug. Just curious if they carry enough juice to run the night.

Thank you for your time.

As long as you turn off the humidifier water reservoir heater and/or heated hose, the CPAP should only pull about 1amp.  My wife uses a CPAP which is powered by 12V.  She leaves the humidifier heater off and it only pulls 1 amp.  It she turns on the heater, it pulls about 5amps. 

yes, I have tried using a jump box to power my CPAP.  It last for several hours but not through the night and wakes me by beeping.  Then you have to recharge it somehow. At that point you have lost your emergency power.  Since I also travel long distance by air, and sometimes boon dock, I bought a battery power supply on Amazon.  This lasts for up to 3 nights.

Why not just put a spare car battery in the backseat or in the truck bed if you are sleeping there? I use mine all the time with just a group 24 battery and even with the humidifier and heated hose it lasts all night. I got 2 nights out of it once when I didn't have a chance to charge it during the day.  It's a Respironics Dreamstation.

Running your cpap without the humidifier and heated hose should be doable with a jump pack thingy. My husband used one back when we were tent camping and could get 2 nights off a pack.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom