EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Powering a CPAP  (Read 290 times)

Snarg

• ---
Powering a CPAP
« on: June 14, 2018, 11:16:40 PM »
Before anyone asks, yes, I searched the forum for my answer first :)

We are taking a few trips with just our truck. I have found a 12v adapter for my machine. I would rather not run it off of my truck batteries as I fear I will drain them.

Does anyone have any experience using a portable jump starter pack? Many of the new ones come with a 12v plug. Just curious if they carry enough juice to run the night.

Thank you for your time.

AStravelers

• ---
  • Part time travelers, 4-8 months each year.
Re: Powering a CPAP
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 07:07:56 AM »
As long as you turn off the humidifier water reservoir heater and/or heated hose, the CPAP should only pull about 1amp.  My wife uses a CPAP which is powered by 12V.  She leaves the humidifier heater off and it only pulls 1 amp.  It she turns on the heater, it pulls about 5amps. 
Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R
2009 Chevy Colorado 4X4

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

MikeNNRV

• ---
  • former tent camper
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 11:50:15 AM »
yes, I have tried using a jump box to power my CPAP.  It last for several hours but not through the night and wakes me by beeping.  Then you have to recharge it somehow. At that point you have lost your emergency power.  Since I also travel long distance by air, and sometimes boon dock, I bought a battery power supply on Amazon.  This lasts for up to 3 nights.
Virginia is for Lovers
current: 2006 Cherokee 25DD
former: 2001 Coleman Sedona pop up

keymastr

• ---
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 07:21:26 PM »
Why not just put a spare car battery in the backseat or in the truck bed if you are sleeping there? I use mine all the time with just a group 24 battery and even with the humidifier and heated hose it lasts all night. I got 2 nights out of it once when I didn't have a chance to charge it during the day.  It's a Respironics Dreamstation.

cadee2c

• ---
  • If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 06:04:28 PM »
Running your cpap without the humidifier and heated hose should be doable with a jump pack thingy. My husband used one back when we were tent camping and could get 2 nights off a pack.
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator
Mister Hank - homeland security
Buddy the Dog-  Soul Mutt, forever in our hearts.

1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2010 Jeep Liberty

Follow your arrow, wherever it points

Hosted by Over The Network