LED bulb source

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DennisinMaine

Good morning from Maine

One thing I would like to do is replace many of my 12 incandescent light bulbs with LEDs to conserve battery. Is there a source that has good, inexpensive bulbs? I did a search, and  several people said they use the company that advertises here, but those posts were several years old, and I could not find the advertiser they were talking about.

Here are some bulbs; $25 for a pack of 6. https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003TKI4VU/ref=sr_1_7_olp?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1529073922&sr=1-7&keywords=12+volt+led+bulbs&condition=new

Thanks.

Dennis

I just Googled Led light, bulbs size ???? and bought them on Amazon. They were fairly cheap. That was a year ago and they are still performing well.

These days there are lots of options for buying LEDs.  A couple of years ago many people were recommending sources that catered to the RV community.  IMHO there is no longer any reason to do this.  One vendor that I've ordered from numerous times is https://www.superbrightleds.com/  They have a wide range of products for sale and they are very reliable. 

Rene's post and my update to mine passed each other. I did the same, googled and found some 12V bulbs on Amazon. Most of the search results were for 110V or flashlights. There were too few sources to tell if $25 is a good price or not.

BTW Rene, I am from Brunswick.

DennisinMaine said:
Rene's post and my update to mine passed each other. I did the same, googled and found some 12V bulbs on Amazon. Most of the search results were for 110V or flashlights. There were too few sources to tell if $25 is a good price or not.

BTW Rene, I am from Brunswick.

I have relatives who own quite a bit of waterfront property on Baily's Island.

If those are the bulbs you need, I've got 12 you can have for 15.00 Can.  I bought the wrong ones and didn't know it till it was  too late.  Message me with your
address if you are interested.  They will come from Canada, eh.

https://www.amazon.ca/12-Pack-AMAZENAR-Replacement-Interior-lighting/dp/B01MDQCGXZ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1529076212&sr=8-3&keywords=led+rv+bulbs

Bailey's Island, and that whole coastal area are very beautiful. And of course, waterfront property is extra special.

Just BTW, my son gets married in September and he and his fiancee are looking at locales along the coast and a spot on Bailey's Island is near top of the list at this point.

When you look for LED bulbs, get the ones that advertise a range of input voltages, i.e. 9-15 volts or 12-24 volts.

These bulbs have built-in circuitry to handle varying input voltages, and RV voltages do vary depending if your batteries are run down or the converter is charging them.

LED bulbs that only specify 12 volts mean they need exactly 12 volts.  Deviating even a small amount above that will drastically shorten their life.

I replaced all my incandescent bulbs with LEDs, mostly off eBay.  They come right from China, so very cheap and a long ship time.

Lou Schneider said:
When you look for LED bulbs, get the ones that advertise a range of input voltages, i.e. 9-15 volts or 12-24 volts.

These bulbs have built-in circuitry to handle varying input voltages, and RV voltages do vary depending if your batteries are run down or the converter is charging them.

LED bulbs that only specify 12 volts mean they need exactly 12 volts.  Deviating even a small amount above that will drastically shorten their life.

The voltage regulated bulbs can cause interference with TV reception when using the antenna.  The unregulated bulbs are cheap, so just buy spares.

The above overlooks one of the major benefits of LED's; good one don't burn out! I have paid the higher price on both my recent Motor Homes and haven't had a failure in seven years. That makes a difference for me since I have a couple dozen lights and hate unnecessary maintainance.

Ernie

The OP and I want to conserve battery power, that is the reason for the LED install.  I have yet to use the cheap replacement bulbs, but replacing a bulb is something that is manageable.  Being able to get local TV off the antenna is something that I want.

Back
Top Bottom