Tow Bar where is it stored.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Curiosity

When you have disconnected your Toad to run errounds , where does the tow go.  I have seen some fold and attach to the rear of the towing vehicle and I have see where it folds and is attached to the front of the Toad. 

Depends on the brand/style of tow bar. Our last two tow bars telescoped and folded neatly against the rear of the coach. When we had a solid A-frame tow bar that didn't collapse, we used to store it under the rear of the coach. I've seen folks drive around with the tow bar vertical at the front of the toad, but some states have limits on how far they can "stick up" above the hood.

John From Detroit said:
Mine stows on the RV.  I prefer those to the stow on the towed ones.
I have had both types.  I prefer the on that stows on the RV.

[quote author=johnaye]I prefer the on that stows on the RV.[/quote]
Me too, but sometimes one doesn't have a choice.

On RV. Only time I remove from receiver is if we are not towing vehicle for trip. Which is not very often. I have also used it in my truck to two my Jeep instead of trailer. Works great.

We usually left ours on the RV. Mike had a rope to tie it up to the bike rack if we need the motorhome to move. Sometimes we took it off and stuck it under the back of the MH or leaned it against a handy tree or picnic table.

Thanks for the replies.  Looked at a YouTube video and it looks like it will be easier to connect to my Toad if I leave the tow-bar on the RV than try and align the bar when it is attached to the Toad.

Still in search of a Toad.  Leaning towards a simple used jeep but had a crazy idea after I saw a HD Trike.  ? Maybe a small trailer and a Trike? 

Back
Top Bottom