Heater Control Valve Leaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heli_av8tor

My heater control valve is not completely shutting off. With an ambient temperature of 93 F I'm getting 120 F out of the vents and both heater hoses are hot.

It's having some effect on the flow as evidenced by the air temp quickly going over 140 if I turn the temp control to heat.

Where do I find the control valve?

Oemy's lists this O'Reilly part for the W22:  https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/murray-climate-control-4379/cooling---heating-16773/heater-control-valve-12445/b8ddd0c43d48/murray-climate-control-heater-valve/74612/4522467?q=74612&pos=0

I replaced heater hoses last fall. If I got the in and out hoses switched would that cause the valve to not shut off completely?

Thanks, Tom

I had the same problem on my 2002 W22 but don't recall exactly where the valve is.  I had an a/c shop do the work and it seems to me the valve is accessed from the front cap access door (but that was on a 2002 Dolphin).  The shop said its a common failure and wanted to insert a manual shut-off, meaning I would have to open the valve if I needed heating and close it to have a/c.  I didn't want to do that and had the OEM remote-control valve replaced (more $$, of course).

Can you follow the heater hoses to the valve?

I will try. The two hoses attach in the upper left of the hood access area and disappear into a black housing. I'd assume the heater core and evaporator coil is inside this black box. Figured the valve is in there too. I don't remember anything in the lines before they attach to the engine or water pump.

I really don't want to go with a manual valve either but may do that for an upcoming short trip.

If you ever have too much time on your hands buy a motorhome...

Tom

FYI...
The heater control valve, dash HVAC controls, and such are installed by the coach builder, not Workhorse, so location and part ids can differ across coach brands.

From the drawings I?ve found it looks like the two hose attach points are directly on the heater core.
One line runs to the top of the radiator. They other disappears to the top of the engine.
I?ll have to remove the dog house to find where it ends up.
No easy task on this coach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom