Running/marker lights problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Portuguediesel

Hi,
  I have a 2005 weekend warrior. My front 4 amber running/marker lights work fine but the 4 back red ones are not working. I assume they are all on the same circuit, right? I have continuity in the wires and bulbs are fine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Those should be on the same circuit as the front. You said you have conintuty. Was that.to the plug? Not sure on that wiring particular but it could be a ground issue or maybe the rear lights have a plug on the circuit somewhere it plugs to front circuit.

Thanks for the response! I checked for continuity at each marker light to make sure I didn't lose power or ground. All my connections look to be fine. I was thinking the same thing you were and thought perhaps there is a plug/ connection at some point to the front half. I am also trying to find a wiring diagram to see where these wires run. They are not exposed at any point on the frame rails. All ran in the walls.

Welcome to the Forum!

Please define "continuity" that you tested. 

Do you have continuity from light to light, but no power to the "daisy chain?

Do you have 12V to the bulb sockets testing from power into the socket to socket ground?

How about hot wire in to independent ground?

It may be easier to run a new hot wire from the functioning front lights to the back than to trace the wire to find the break.

Thanks for the advice! So I spent part of my father's day working on it and figures it out!

The running lights are on the same circuit but there are 2 hot wires coming out. One for the front and one from the back. Finding the front ground was easy but the back was not. After tracing it down, I found 2 wires wrapped in a ball of electrical tape (from previous owner). They must have though that laying stripped wires next to each other is better than wire nuts. Anyway, that was the problem. I created a solid ground and now the wife's trailer lights are working and now have LEDs!
Love this forum and help!

Back
Top Bottom