Side camera delete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stephen S. said:
Hmmm.

Would you then consider wiring a momentary double throw switch or a couple of buttons that would let you select the side cameras independent of the turn signals?

You won?t be looking for the a bouncing signal. That happens in the turn signal output The signal being used to activate the turn signal from the lever on steering column will be a solid 12volt signal. In the good old days, this signal fed a special type of relay that utilized a bi-metal switch contact that would open and close with the heat from the current load of the bulbs. That was how you knew when a bulb was out, because your signal would stay on constant (not enough current draw to make the switch heat op and go open circuit momentarily). These days, turn signal modules are all solid state, but they are still triggered by a solid 12v signal from the steering column selector.

-Greg

The flasher is in the input circuit to the directional switch. The switch position determines which lights will flash, and it's that "bouncing" output to the lights that controls which side camera is active. If it was a solid signal from the switch, there would have to be a separate flasher for each side. Ford, for one, also uses the same flasher for the 4-ways, all controlled by the multi-function switch on the steering column.

NY_Dutch said:
The flasher is in the input circuit to the directional switch. The switch position determines which lights will flash, and it's that "bouncing" output to the lights that controls which side camera is active. If it was a solid signal from the switch, there would have to be a separate flasher for each side. Ford, for one, also uses the same flasher for the 4-ways, all controlled by the multi-function switch on the steering column.

Yes, mea culpa. Not sure what I was thinking when I posted above.

Simple solution....dont use the turn signal, most people dont use it anyway......I drove for a mile up I-95 coming out of Ft.Lauderdale wanting to get to the left lane so I could make the rest stop.  No one would let me over so just before the exit I crowded them over and took it. In Florida using a turn signal alerts the other driver with enough advanced notice that they can jump in and take your spot.  sad but true...

Back
Top Bottom