Repair Hard Surface Countertop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Senator

My counter-top that covers the stove had the corner broke off it.  It must have happened on one of the bumpy roads.

It is the corner that broke off, maybe a triangle piece, 3" long on pone side, and 6" long on the other.

Can these types of counter-tops be repaired?  I can probably glue it with epoxy, and it may look OK, nut I am not sure if that would even hold up.  I never use the stove, but it would be nice if it was not broken.

Any ideas?

2015 Keystone Alpine 3536RE.

Is it "solid surface", e.g. Corian or similar?  If yes, it can usually be glued successfully and with a bit of polishing, the seam is usually invisible.

Many sources recommend an epoxy, but cyanoacrylate (aka super-glue) works well too.  I've used super-glue to re-attach a corner when the break is clean and fits back together perfectly.  If the break has crumbled a little so there are small gaps or pockets, the epoxy is a better choice (it fills small gaps).

https://www.thespruce.com/repair-cracked-solid-surface-countertop-1824822

You might be able to glue it back together but the end result may very well be just OK.  If you want it better than OK take it to a local countertop fabricator and for a small fee he will glue it back together with color matched epoxy and polish it out so you won't be able to tell where it was cracked.

If you're coming through upstate NY any time soon stop by and I'll fix it for you.

I will look to see what I have locally.  It's the part over the stove, so easily detachable.

I may fix it myself, but someone that has the tools and the past mistakes, can likely do it better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom