87 Chevy Shasta Revere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DG12

Hi All, new to the site and posting for some insight!
My father recently purchased a 1987 Shasta Revere (Chevy).
The propane generator had previously been removed. Have been doing a little research online for him to see if there is any second hand.. or comparable (reasonably priced) alternatives.. unfortunately there is not much information out there on the internet until I found you guys.
Hoping you can help, and I?m sure I will have more questions for him down the line.
Thanks in advance!
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section!

Welcome!!!

If you are looking for a replacement generator to replace the original, that is likely to be expensive. Some gasoline generators can be easily converted to propane BUT note that propane fired generators are also 'propane hungry'. Try looking at some of the portable inverter generators such as Honda, Yamaha etc. These should not be be 'installed' in the unit and should be run outside due to the air cooling requirements but they will be much less expensive and be lot less noisy. As far as weight is concerned, many of them can be purchased smaller (and lighter weight) and be twinned with a second one to get the output power required. Avoid any unit that is not an inverter generator or any of the Contractor style (open frame) as they are relatively very noisy as they run at high rpm continuously regardless of actual load.

Power output: Note that the designations of many generators (eg Honda 2000) purports to be a 2000 watt unit BUT it is not. The number designates, in most cases, a PEAK output and not the sustained output which is more likely in the 16-1700 watt range (13-14 amps). If you plan on running an air conditioner, for example, you will require something that sustain at least that but has to provide a lot more for start-up. What size you select will depend on what you plan on using it to power. You RV probably has a 30 amp shore plug-in (ie 3600 watts) maximum power requirement in any event so that means you have to be careful on what can be run at any given time, generator or not.

I am New to the site as well....

Looking for manuals for 87 Chevy Shasta Revere if anyone could direct me or has a lead it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks ~jp

the manuals would be from each of the parts suppliers.
for example the stove manual would be from whoever made the stove, same for the fridge, the chassis and engine etc.
welcome
As for the generator there are a couple of used RV parts places, Colaws and Visione they might have the generator which was most likely an Onan Emerald 4000 watt unit.
Used ones can be found on EBAY as well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPK550
Back
Top Bottom