Quartzsite Boondocking Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PeterH said:
Do any people boondock with a Class A diesel pusher? We've started looking for a rig to full-time in for a couple of years and I want to be able to boondock as well as stay in more traditional camp grounds.

Thanks,
Pete

I been coming to Quartzsite for a number of years now and there are all sorts of  Class A diesel pushers out here, quite of few high budget ones will be here come the RV Show time.

When you do retire just remember everyday is a Saturday!

Let me re-phrase your question..

Do any people boondock at quartsite with a _______ (fill in the blank with any kind of RV)_____

The answer is YES.

The only thing you don't much see is tents.

Why there is even a section of the desert (about a mile south of where the folks here camp) that is "Radio Active" (not to be confused with radioactive)  Ham Radio operators. they call it Quartsfest.  Some Very Well Known Hams show up there like Gordon West WB6NOA  I have dropped in for a visit.

The desert surface is really quite hard except in the washes. Where we go (the RVForum area in La Posa Tyson Wash) it is hard surface to the turnoff, and then there are BLM ?roads? inside the area that are decent at 5-10 mph, and that?s all the speed you need to get in there with a motorhome.

5 miles north of "Q" is Plamosa rd., camping in this section is free and the surface is mostly fine volcanic rock, so no dust. When it rains there is no mud  formed,, it drains thru the rock.. Usually not crowded or noisy. We used to camp there annually before meeting the Forum group.>>>Dan

Should also mention the sign with a capital "N" and an arrow pointing down a trail. First time I saw it I said "that's not North!?"
It doesn't point to Newcomers either, I think it's for Nudists or Naturalists or....Never been there

Sprucegum said:
Should also mention the sign with a capital "N" and an arrow pointing down a trail. First time I saw it I said "that's not North!?"
It doesn't point to Newcomers either, I think it's for Nudists or Naturalists or....Never been there

I have been there.

I was wandering around on the east side of Hwy 95 on the road past the dump station.  If you go east past most all of the RV's you will come to a sign warning you about the nudist camp ahead.  Did that stop me...No.  I continued and found several RV's but no one around.  It was a cold day.  After passing the camp I also saw another sign for anyone approaching from the south of the camp.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Sprucegum said:

Yep, Jayne Murray "introduced" me to that area in 2000 when we stayed at the RV Forum rally site for 3 months.  After the rally I bought an Arctic Fox trailer from AZ RV Salvage in Phoenix and she volunteered to watch it for me while I sold my existing trailer.  But she was moving over to the Magic Circle so I had to follow if I wanted to leave my "new" trailer with her.

Lots of nice people over there, nudity was optional and no big deal unless you were caught staring.

That's MY story and I'm sticking to it!

P.S. ... in case this makes anyone leery of coming to Quartzsite, the Magic Circle area is 5-10 miles away from our rally site, on the other side of the highway in the extreme corner of the 25 square miles of the LTVAs.  They're way off by themselves and don't infringe on the rest of the community.

Lou,  Is this the place?

Attachments

• 2018-10-31 23_53_19-La Posa South LTVA Welcome Center - Google Maps.png
    2018-10-31 23_53_19-La Posa South LTVA Welcome Center - Google Maps.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 36
That's the entrance station to La Posa South LTVA. The RV Forum rally site is on the other (west) side of the highway in the La Posa Tyson Wash LTVA.

On the east side of the highway the road is paved for two miles to the dump and water stations for all four LTVAs.  Along the way you'll see lots of RVs, just regular campers.

Beyond the dump station the road turns to dirt and the number of RVs will thin out.  Go another couple of miles east and you'll get to the Magic Circle.

Just to get back to DP's at Quartzsite....but before that, this group of people right here on this Forum, is a Great group to get together with. Last time at "Q", I had to go check out the "BlueBird" area....I've always wanted one but will prpbably nebver get one...seeing about 50 or so in the Desert at the same time is quite the site. I'ts always a Good Time!!!

If you boondock in the Yuma or Quartzite BLM permit areas, you can now apply for your permit online, although you do need to exchange the printed receipt for your decal during normal office hours. You can get set up first though:

http://rvlife.com/arizonas-blm-boondocking/

https://www.yourpassnow.com/ParkPass/blm/yuma

Back
Top Bottom