Onan Generator - Gas Class A 2008 Fleetwood Bounder RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bw60sw61

I had RV generator serviced in January. Oil, all filters and spark plug. DO not really use it much but every week I start the generator to exercise it. Once it runs for a while, I put it under a load for about 20 minutes by turning on the AC units.  Depending on outside temperature one or both units go on and off automatically.

Today, I ran the generator for about 10 minutes, while under a load generator stopped running. RV has full tank of gas , Turned everything to off generator will crank but not start. I finally ran the batteries down. Now I need to charge it.

SO does anyone have any idea of things I can try before taking to the RV dealer and end up with a huge service bill? Been there done that on other items I could not fix.  I am not a mechanic but am somewhat handy with tools. Almost sounds like it is not getting gas or maybe a sensor shutting it down?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and Thank You!

bw60sw61 said:
I had RV generator serviced in January. Oil, all filters and spark plug. DO not really use it much but every week I start the generator to exercise it. Once it runs for a while, I put it under a load for about 20 minutes by turning on the AC units.  Depending on outside temperature one or both units go on and off automatically.

Today, I ran the generator for about 10 minutes, while under a load generator stopped running. RV has full tank of gas , Turned everything to off generator will crank but not start. I finally ran the batteries down. Now I need to charge it.

SO does anyone have any idea of things I can try before taking to the RV dealer and end up with a huge service bill? Been there done that on other items I could not fix.  I am not a mechanic but am somewhat handy with tools. Almost sounds like it is not getting gas or maybe a sensor shutting it down?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and Thank You!

bw60sw61
Here's a link to an excellent Generator Troubleshooting Guide: https://www.flightsystems.com/pdf/onan-rv-troubleshooting-guide.pdf

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom