Question on Thor 26b black tank system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BillyJack

My son borrowed my 26b thor chatuea and in trying to empty the black water tank mistakenly hooked up the hose to a similar looking set up under the passanger side of the vehicle about two feet in from the side. Needless to say when he returned it to me the black and grey water were right to the top filled. Anyone know what the valves on the passanger side and conection point for the black and grey water hose are for......Thanks  Bill

mistakenly hooked up the hose to a similar looking set up under the passanger side of the vehicle
Are we talking the 3" sewer hose or a 3/4" water inlet hose?  I can't imagine why there would be a second 3" waste connection, unless maybe the coach had a secondary gray tank.  Some rigs do, usually for the galley sink.

What happened when he hooked up to that other port? Anything good?

We have had two on a couple . One motorhome and one fifth wheel. They all had two baths though.usually one was mid coach and the other towards the rear. They were still on the same side of the RV. Not opposite. Not sure I have ever seen any on passenger side. But hey I have seen dumber things.

Our Thor 28z has 2 black tank valves, one on the passenger side and the other on the drivers side.  simply hook the drain hose to the outlet on the drivers side, open the black tank valve (the larger pipe of the 2) and then go around to the passenger side and open the valve on that side.  Both need to be open to drain black tank.  Then after it drains close both valves and open the smaller on on the driver side (gray water) and drain it.

GaryA said:
Our Thor 28z has 2 black tank valves, one on the passenger side and the other on the drivers side.  simply hook the drain hose to the outlet on the drivers side, open the black tank valve (the larger pipe of the 2) and then go around to the passenger side and open the valve on that side.  Both need to be open to drain black tank.  Then after it drains close both valves and open the smaller on on the driver side (gray water) and drain it.

Good information. Never heard of that set up.

GaryA said:

2018 Coachmen 2200 FS  Same set up.  2 valves on opposite side, both need to be opened to drain black tank.

Back
Top Bottom