I don't see this category so sigh maybe I have my answer....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evagoblog

but I guess since I don't see the topic, you don't have a category for either solo travel or for those who want to seek someone to share an RV with, correct?  There is a site for people to share a cruise cabin with on Cruisemates.com and even though the founder quit the website, that topic on the forum is still active but on all the RV site's forums they don't  allow and I stumbled on your site, when I was googling what is the year of Roadtreks that they made them with the convertible bathrooms (when you just closed the door on both sides of the middle of the van vs. having it on the side) and I'll be posting that in the correct place. I guess nowadays sites are afraid they will be liable if one turns out to be an axe murderer or something  ::)!!!

I know that I could wait and call the company tomorrow, but I thought I would post this to benefit others also, I have searched and searched (and custom van converters are the least likely) and there are no other brands of Class B that have that unique feature which can give you a semblance of privacy (it seems, though I did not look at every one on their website, they changed their bathrooms to the closet on the side, wonder why I think more efficient this way.)

The thing is, I believe, most folks on here are already traveling with someone. That said,  there is plenty of conversation to be had. Safe travels.

[quote author=evagoblog]... you don't have a category for either solo travel or for those who want to seek someone to share an RV with, correct?[/quote]
We used to have such a message board, but the activity was virtually zero. If that changes, we could always open a new message board.

You'll note that under each user there is a Personal Message icon which you can use to message a member privately

evagoblog said:
but I guess since I don't see the topic, you don't have a category for either solo travel or for those who want to seek someone to share an RV with, correct?  There is a site for people to share a cruise cabin with on Cruisemates.com and even though the founder quit the website, that topic on the forum is still active but on all the RV site's forums they don't  allow and I stumbled on your site, when I was googling what is the year of Roadtreks that they made them with the convertible bathrooms (when you just closed the door on both sides of the middle of the van vs. having it on the side) and I'll be posting that in the correct place. I guess nowadays sites are afraid they will be liable if one turns out to be an axe murderer or something  ::)!!!

I know that I could wait and call the company tomorrow, but I thought I would post this to benefit others also, I have searched and searched (and custom van converters are the least likely) and there are no other brands of Class B that have that unique feature which can give you a semblance of privacy (it seems, though I did not look at every one on their website, they changed their bathrooms to the closet on the side, wonder why I think more efficient this way.)
--  Are you wanting a website and/or forum for Solo Travelers?  If so there are several groups around.  A place to start is an internet search for "solo rv traveler".  Also the Escapees RV Club has a group dedicated to Solo RV Travelers.  It is in the "Bird-of-a-Feather" (BOF) section:  https://www.escapees.com/community/birds-of-a-feather-bofs/
--  Or are you wanting a website to find someone to travel with?
--  Or are you wanting an small RV with bathroom privacy?
--  Or are you wanting all three.

I know of one group & website devoted to single RVers, Loners On Wheels:

https://lonersonwheels.com/index.html

But if your objective to avoid being a "Loner on Wheels", you probably want a regular singles social website and advertise that you are looking for a companion who likes to travel (by RV).

I wish you luck but even with my wife and kids RVing can stretch the bounds of a relationship.  Traveling with someone I didn't know would likely end up on the awkward side.  Maybe go for a cup of coffee first.

Safe Traveling! :)

Everybody thank you for all these suggestions, I hope some of the websites DO allow match ups, I think I checked some out and they won't let you post ads to ride with someone just caravans.

HueyPilotVN said:
I seem to remember the "John from Detroit" was looking for someone to travel with.

Well what I said was "I am accepting applications for the position of Traveling Companion"  but yes.  So far applications have not been plentiful :).

I would not mind a co-pilot.. provided she meets my needs (Which are fairly simple)

I'm informed I may soon (likely 2 or 3 years) need a co-driver at least for a short time.

I tried adding a co-pilot and it was a complete disaster. Worst year in an RV I ever had. It is much cheaper being alone. It is obvious after two divorces and many failed relationships that the obvious problem was me. :-\

SeilerBird said:
It is obvious after two divorces and many failed relationships that the obvious problem was me. :-\

Right there with you Tom. My current plan is to live long enough that in 10-15 years just having a heartbeat will be considered an attractive attribute

John, has anyone met you yet, at a caravan or ralley that is on here, that can vouch you "realness'?  You PM me your phone (area code will remain confidential) 555 1212, that number they use in movies which is a non existent phone number and I tried calling it, but could not get through at all, so it makes me hesitant to meet you.

There are a lot of older women that I know who travel solo and are very happy doing so, including me.  For a lot of reasons, I would never want to travel with an acquaintance, or even for more than a few days with my kids and grandkids.  Much easier not having to negotiate every decision on where to go, how to get there, where and what to eat, and what channels to watch.

I am guessing you are a woman.  If so, there is a forum of women who own and drive RVs at http://www.womenrv.com/forum/.  It is not a big group, but a lot of us have met up on the road for anything from a week of camping at the same place to just a lunch as we are passing through. 

I guess I am curious as to why you want a traveling partner?  Is it to share costs?  Have company?  Personal safety?  Fear of driving an RV on your own? 

Tom and Margi said:
Are you confusing this with a dating site?

I hope that is NOT the way it came across, NO, god knows, there are already enough dating sites, as I said there IS a dating site for RVers (maybe on the thread i started specifically for this), however that one will not let you access their site to see who their members are or even how many they have without one giving all one's personal info and I don't like that plus there's not much one can do with their "free" membership and as I stated it can be male or female and not being bi-sexual (all that allows is that you be can be hurt more  ;D! ). In fact if a male responds, I will make it clear that although I am not averse to a romantic relationship developing it MUST not be an expectation (not ugly by any means, but AM wary of those who simply ask for a photo before anything else!)

In answer to JudyJB  I am looking for a person who owns an RV who is looking for someone to share expenses (or if they want me to some extra help  besides sharing chores in lieu of that) as I don't like driving although I CAN and willing to drive, and do not want to own an RV unless I DO have a partner to do it with as I would like companionship on those long, often boring drives and am hoping that is why someone who will hopefully responds wants a companion, have not thought of safety issues but that's a good reason too. 

@AStrangers was that your moniker-all three would be a good answer!  LOL

Last but not least, John answered and said he advertently gave me the number for info and gave me his correct one!

Well, I finally talked to John and although he says that there is another thing that could be used as a bed, a couch, it is too much of a hassle for it to be laid out, so we would have to sleep in the same bed, so that is a no go for me, sigh, hope that's understood that there has to be at least that option. 

Back
Top Bottom