Fresh water supply inlet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alitom0215

Two days ago I turned my hot water heater on to heat up my water for a shower. After bout 30 minutes I turned it off and a lil later I was rinsing out a glass with the cold water and my water just stopped coming out. I went out side and checked the water supply at the park where my hoses are hooked up to and there was water. I undid my hose to the trailer and saw a little white thingy inside with a spring around it. The spring was removable but the white thingy was not. I asked the park owner and he said I could just undo the three screws and take it out and that is was not important. Is that correct? I don't want to make matters worse. Thanks.

When looking into the fitting is there what appears to be a small ball? Try taking a pencil with an eraser or something similar and push in on the ball. It should spring back when released. You need that check valve. It prevents water from shooting out that fitting when running the onboard water pump. When you said you removed a spring. Not sure what you mean. Can you take a picture?  All that should have been there once you removed the hose would be a strainer to catch dirt and grit before it enters the water system.

Now getting back to your problem, do all the faucets act the same way?  If it's only one, try removing the aerator. It may be plugged.

The white thingie was in the hose? Or in the place where the hose connects?  And where are the 3 screws?  Is that what holds the hose connection in place?

It sounds like you are seeing the city water inlet check valve. If so, it is important if you ever expect to use the onboard pump & tank instead of the city (campground) supply.  Replacing the city inlet is not difficult in most cases, and I suspect that's what was meant by removing the 3 screws.

Back
Top Bottom