Ground Effect Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClickHill

So I did this today.  I attached them to the Aux switch on the dash and moved the front LED's from that switch to the day time running lights.

Attachments

• Blue Bus 1.jpg
    Blue Bus 1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 139
ClickHill said:
So I did this today.  I attached them to the Aux switch on the dash and moved the front LED's from that switch to the day time running lights.

Nice work. I have toyed with the idea myself, but have not gotten around to it yet.

Look neat! Probably a bit brighter than what I would want, but still nice. I like ground effect lights.

Happy Wanderer -

1. Why - Because its MY bus - I paid for it and "I" like them.
2. You hope I am never parked next to you - If I am, simply tell me you would prefer I turn them off as they bother you and guess what - I will turn them right off.  When I am parked next to someone I don't normally turn on any outside lights, because I am respectful!!  I bet you are an absolute delight when someone pulls in next to you with an outside TV.
3. See #1

You know what I much rather how someone with under lights like yours, then having blinding white lights. Also, if you so happen to arrive real late in the evening say after dark, which would be unfortunate, but crap happens, the lights would come in handy messing around in the dark.

I see a project in my future of similar nature.

ClickHill said:

Looks really cool. I better not show my wife. She'll want some  :) :) :)

Conquest2011 said:
You know what I much rather have someone with under lights like yours, than having blinding white lights.

That?s a pet peeve of mine also, those that replace their porch light with the brightest, whitest LED they can find, then leave it on all night. They can be objectionable from considerable distance. I replaced my porch light with an LED for power savings, but got warm white so it?s a fairly soft light and looks like the original bulb. And if I?m anywhere near anyone I use it only when necessary.

ClickHill said:

Do you have a link as to where you purchased them?

Those turned out nice.  I put some light green ones under our last coach but they weren't that bright.  I keep telling myself I'm going to put some under our Dynasty but it never makes it to the top of the list. :D

Mike

I googled this relating to blue lights since I had always heard they were illegal in florida, even the blue dots that are put on stop and tail light lenses.......

Therefore it's our conclusion that in Florida neon underglow is not illegal, as long as you follow these restrictions: Red lights may not be visible from the front of the car. Blue colored lights are prohibited on any part of the vehicle......

of course if a person was not driving around with them on then no one would even know.

Sun2Retire said:
That?s a pet peeve of mine also, those that replace their porch light with the brightest, whitest LED they can find, then leave it on all night. They can be objectionable from considerable distance. I replaced my porch light with an LED for power savings, but got warm white so it?s a fairly soft light and looks like the original bulb. And if I?m anywhere near anyone I use it only when necessary.
:)) I changed mine to an amber lens in the hope of drawing less bugs. I?ve been camping one way or another for over 50 years and still enjoy walking through a campground at night looking at how everyone has decorated their site.

Dragginourbedaround said:
still enjoy walking through a campground at night looking at how everyone has decorated their site.

As do I, as long as they don't decorate it with sodium vapor floodlights  ;)

ClickHill said:
Happy Wanderer -

1. Why - Because its MY bus - I paid for it and "I" like them.
2. You hope I am never parked next to you - If I am, simply tell me you would prefer I turn them off as they bother you and guess what - I will turn them right off.  When I am parked next to someone I don't normally turn on any outside lights, because I am respectful!!  I bet you are an absolute delight when someone pulls in next to you with an outside TV.
3. See #1

Haha!  Nice.

I dig what you did also and wouldn't mind doing it too.

I?ve been parked next to people with garish LED lighting. It?s obnoxious and totally unnecessary.

As children, we were taught by our parents to be courteous campers, and we have passed that onto our own children who continue to camp. That includes concepts like not cutting through other sites, not playing loud music or shining bright lights that would disturb our neighbors, even talking loudly around the campfire during quiet hours.

Unfortunately, these concepts have become foreign as people have become concerned only with themselves and care not about others around them. Generators running day and night, blaring music, high intensity lighting, etc. have become the norm. I?m a bit old-fashioned and continue to be respectful towards the people I share a campground with.

Back
Top Bottom